Rev. Prof. Dr. F.N. Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that Lee is wrong. Why? Not primary because of what he is saying but above all HOW he is saying it. There is (at least to me it seems) no love at all in what he is saying about Baptists but rather hatred. The way he states things to me show: no love and no patience.
IF Baptists are wrong on this issue then clearly he could have stated things in a totally different way.
The way some men continue to discuss (whether it is a friendly discussion or not I leave that to you) on this issue makes me grow very sad.
All should have concluded that the way he said some things are not promoting unity in the Church of Christ at all....... and I hope that we all agree that both Reformed Baptists and Presbyterians are members of the Body of Christ.
When we study church history we should also conclude that when statements like these are being made we see strong divisions coming up in the church which is a negative testimony to the world in a strong sense. Because of such a testimonies many lives, families and friendships have been damaged. Just study the Church in the Netherlands for the last 150 years and draw your conclusions.
Please men, let us seek to strive for holiness, Christ-likeness, above all.

Jeroen

If the accusation is correct about Dr. Lee thinking I shouldn't be able to raise my Children, I think he is going to have many problems with God who gave them to me. There is no place in scripture that calls for the removal of children from parents.

Do any of you know of any scripture that allows for such behavior or assumed authority? Sounds tyrannical to me. I would have to defend myself and my children from such a person.

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
If the accusation is correct about Dr. Lee thinking I shouldn't be able to raise my Children, I think he is going to have many problems with God who gave them to me. There is no place in scripture that calls for the removal of children from parents.

Do any of you know of any scripture that allows for such behavior or assumed authority? Sounds tyrannical to me. I would have to defend myself and my children from such a person.

For the record most (if not all) theonomists disagree with him on stealing baptist babies. In fact, the two most vocal theonomists I am familiar with (Doug and Howard Phillips) are BAPTISTS!!!!!!!!!!

So, evidently Phils accusation is true? I thought Phil gave a defence for his accusation. If this man truly is like this he is opposed to God in this matter. I would defend myself proudly against this man. His reformation theology would mean nothing to me. He is attacking the first formed unit God instituted, the family. He should be careful of what he wants to attack.

[Edited on 8-19-2005 by puritancovenanter]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back