Robert Rollock's Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
Does RHB's reprint of Rollock's works contain the original dedications to people like James I?

BTW should Rollock be classified as a Scottish Reformer or a Covenanter? :scratch:

The RHB does include the original dedications, including the one to James I. I would classify him as a Reformer, not a Covenanter, but I am no expert on those distinctions.

The RHB does include the original dedications, including the one to James I. I would classify him as a Reformer, not a Covenanter, but I am no expert on those distinctions.

Thanks Lane. For some reason a duplicate of this thread has appeared. Can you please use your powers to delete the rogue. :judge:

I read in Joel Beeke's advertisement for these volumes that there is other stuff by Robert Rollock, but this has not been reprinted recently; can anyone give us a list of these volumes?

I read in Joel Beeke's advertisement for these volumes that there is other stuff by Robert Rollock, but this has not been reprinted recently; can anyone give us a list of these volumes?

I think some works by him not found in his Select Works would include (listed from Wikipedia):

Commentaries on the Epistles to the Ephesians (1590) and Thessalonians (1598) and Hebrews (1605), the book of Daniel (1591), the Gospel of St John (1599) and some of the Psalms (1598); an analysis of the Epistle to the Romans (1594), and Galatians (1602); and Questions and Answers on the Covenant of God (1596).

Last edited:
Commentaries on the Epistles to the Ephesians (1590) and Thessalonians (1598) and Hebrews (1605), the book of Daniel (1591), the Gospel of St John (1599) and some of the Psalms (1598); an analysis of the Epistle to the Romans (1594), and Galatians (1602); and Questions and Answers on the Covenant of God (1596).

He wrote a commentary on the epistle to the Colossians as well. You can download the commentaries on Thessalonians and Colossians translated in old english through EEBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back