Robert Traill or David Clarkson Works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username3000

I have the opportunity to get the works of either Robert Traill or David Clarkson at a good price.

Which would you recommend, and why?

Thanks.

I have read Robert Traill's works but have read next to nothing by David Clarkson (only one sermon on EEBO-TCP). I suspect that Traill is probably the easier of the two to read. For that reason, it may be best to buy that set. Also, I think Clarkson is easier to get than Traill, so if you can also get him again if you wish. I have owned Clarkson's works a couple of times but sold them because I never thought that I would read them. As I am now making it my business to read through sets of works (either in hard copies or online), I intend to reacquire and read Clarkson at some point.

The Banner of Truth Trust is on the verge of re-publishing the two-volume works of Robert Traill, which they first re-published in 1975. This time out, though, they have included 10 additional sermons to the set which have not been included before. Should be published sometime this year. Check the website: www.banneroftruth.org/us/

Also notice that they are also republishing the 22 volumes of the Works of Thomas Manton once again.

Last edited:
The Banner of Truth Trust is on the verge of re-publishing the two-volume works of Robert Traill, which they first re-published in 1975. This time out, though, they have included 10 additional sermons to the set which have not been included before. Should be published sometime this year. Check the website: www.banneroftruth.org/us/

Also notice that they are also republishing the 22 volumes of the Works of Thomas Manton once again.

Do you know if these sermons are available anywhere else online? I have just seen that they are publishing the 22 volumes of Thomas Manton. I always found the decision to publish the first three volumes and not the rest to be an odd one.

Do you know if these sermons are available anywhere else online? I have just seen that they are publishing the 22 volumes of Thomas Manton. I always found the decision to publish the first three volumes and not the rest to be an odd one.

I don't know. Probably, I would imagine. If you haven't already, I'd start by asking Dr. Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back