Roberts Rules Of Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

Puritan Board Freshman
I just got back from another loverly business meeting at my church. :banghead:

Now at my church we are governed by a congergation. Why? Becasue thats what the majority of people wanted, personally I find it unbiblical and I leave every business meeting questioning why I am a member...but thats besides the point right now.

My church also in the constitution states that New Robert Rules Of Order are to be followed during business meetings. In reality no one really knows them at my church so we go along with the little we do know and try to feel out the rest. It's sad really...

Since we finsihed this latest meeting I have been looking through http://www.constitution.org/rror/rror--00.htm trying to see how hard it would be to learn the rules a little bit better. For those on here that do know the rules I have two specific questions:

Is there a way for a member of a committe to persent a report and not have any debate on the content of it since it's only a giving of current facts?

Secondly, When reviewing the minutes from the previous meeting, can comments as to people's opinions at what happened at the previous meeting be made if they deal with the subject that was discussed and not in fact if the minutes are correct or not? This happened in todays meeting and it seemed really out of line to have a person say that they disagreed with how the leadership handled the something that was discussed in the last meeting when we were not discussing it again but only going over the minutes from the last meeting.

Thanks,

Bryan
SDG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back