Rocky Balboa

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalvinandHodges

Puritan Board Junior
Hi:

This movie is worth seeing. The whole philosophy of the Rocky series is summed up in an argument that Rocky has with his son. I will not give it away, but it is a thought that should run through every Christian who struggles with the world, flesh, and the Devil.

This is a fitting end to the Rocky series. It has all the earmarks of the best of the movies, and none of the poor scripting that marked Rocky V.

Last edited:
*Warning, there may be small spoilers here and there*

I really, really enjoyed this movie. It is such a better way to end the series than movie number 5.

It's really a big throwback to the very first if you think about it. In both, Rocky is instantly assumed to have no chance at all in winning. In both, Rocky goes the distance and shows everybody he's not a bum, even though he doesn't actually win the match. That, and there's several characters from the first movie that come back and are featured frequently.

I thought the plot part was perhaps a little too long and the training period was too short, but that's okay. The plot really is touching in the simplistic Rocky sort of way. And, as has been mentioned, Rocky's speech to his son is a great highpoint in the movie.

However, I was really surprised at just how well the fight was done. Wow. It was really just like something you'd see on ESPN, yet it had the artistic production and mixing of the previous Rocky movies. I was on the edge of my seat for it.

Overall, it's definitely a movie worth seeing. I've even had people who say they loved it even though they never saw the other movies. I give it a big thumbs up. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back