Rugby World Cup 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course my team (Team Scotland) will probably lose. They always do :banghead:. Maybe I'll go with my wife's team (New Zealand All Blacks) this time.

At least that way I won't have to be depressed.;)

I'd like to say that I think the Aussies have a chance... so I will.

The Aussies are going to take it out by a long shot.

Back to the real world...

Canada is going to absolutely slaughter the competition. Actually, scratch that. There needs to be competition before Canada is going to slaughter it. Canada will completely annihilate its opponents to the point where Rugby will need to change its name to Hockey 2. Canada is going to win its first game against Wales so bad that Wales will need to change its name to Goldfish. Look out world, the mighty beaver of doom is here to rock your continents!

What's Rugby? Is that the game where two teams beat each other to a pulp over a keg of beer? Here in the States we call that 'Barroom Brawling'.

World cup starts on friday with France (boo) playing Argentina (boo) so who do I support! Then on Saturday England (yay) is playing the USA (boo)!! :cheers2:

Why oh why does God do this to me?!? My wife says "To show you a lesson".

The Grand Final is on in Australia at 5am on a Sunday.

World cup starts on friday with France (boo) playing Argentina (boo) so who do I support! Then on Saturday England (yay) is playing the USA (boo)!! :cheers2:

A good friend of mine is Argentinian so I guess in this game I'll go for Argentina.

Woohoo! The French take a big loss, and come up smelling of elderberries! Always root against the frogs!

(all the way, Dragons!)
125px-Wru_logo.png

Richard,

Looks like England prevailed against USA, but they seemed a bit sluggish to me today. We held you guys back alot better than I thought we would. Usually it's been a complete shut out.

What do you think? Perhaps a combination of sluggishness on the part of England with alot of effort put in by the USA on defense?

Richard,

Looks like England prevailed against USA, but they seemed a bit sluggish to me today. We held you guys back alot better than I thought we would. Usually it's been a complete shut out.

What do you think? Perhaps a combination of sluggishness on the part of England with alot of effort put in by the USA on defense?

I was unhappy with how we played especially when the US are only semi-professional. We just did not seem to get started. I was also disgusted with the US speartackle in the last few minutes. We face South Africa on Friday and well I am not expecing us to win to be honest.

The All Blacks had a cracking game as did Australia (beat Japan 91-3:lol:). I watched the US play Tonga yesterday...I wonder if the US know the rules...:smug: (Emerick set for early exit after ban for spear tackle - Independent Online Edition > World Cup news)

Yeah I was pretty upset about that speartackle as well. I was standing up in front of my TV yelling, "What do you think this is, a wrestling match?!"

I saw the All Blacks game and the Austrailia game. Even though Austrailia beat Japan by such a wide margin I think Japan did play some good rugby all in all. They were just plain out gunned. The Austrailian pack must have outweighed the Japan pack by at least 180lbs if not more.

I saw the All Blacks game and the Austrailia game. Even though Austrailia beat Japan by such a wide margin I think Japan did play some good rugby all in all. They were just plain out gunned. The Austrailian pack must have outweighed the Japan pack by at least 180lbs if not more.

The style of the southern hemisphere's rugby is a joy to watch, it is really good. Australia is playing Wales on Saturday which I shall be watching and NZ are playing another team they will trounce. Who are you backing overall? The US?

The style of the southern hemisphere's rugby is a joy to watch, it is really good. Australia is playing Wales on Saturday which I shall be watching and NZ are playing another team they will trounce. Who are you backing overall? The US?

Well, when the US are playing I back them of course. But as far as teams that have a chance at winning it's a toss up between NZ and Austrailia right now. Of course I still have a place in my heart for team Scotland but they've got a snow ball's chance so there kinda out of the running.

Well, when the US are playing I back them of course. But as far as teams that have a chance at winning it's a toss up between NZ and Austrailia right now. Of course I still have a place in my heart for team Scotland but they've got a snow ball's chance so there kinda out of the running.

Scotland have really bulked up recently so they will be good to watch although I think NZ are in their pool, now that will be one to watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back