Rulers of Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladestunner316

Puritan Board Doctor
http://www.tuppersaussy.com/html/writings/roe/roe.html

has anybody read this book the following comment was made by a person on the dialogue box.

posters comment,
Has anyone else read the book "Rulers of Evil" by Tupper Saussy? Basically it traces the origins of United States to Roman Catholic Jesuits and goes into a lot of history behind that organization. (Washington DC used to be called "Rome" and the White House is actually named for a Catholic Jesuit). He espouses that the Roman Catholic Church has inherited the Mark Of Cain and he traces this mark from Cain through the esoteric knowledge of Egypt, Babylon, to the Roman pagan system. I did not know that the Roman Catholic Church was the Roman pagan system Christianized! Indeed, separation of Church and State is a myth.

Sounds at the least bit interesting. Any thoughts???

blade

Sounds kinda like a black helicopter theory. Just more conspiracies from paranoid people. I know the Jesuits were often ruthless, especially in France, but I don't think they were that influential in American politics at that time. And even if they were, so what? And only Cain had the mark of Cain. Scripture doesn't say anyone else had it. Besides, all these theories distract us from the real issue, Rome needs the gospel again. They need to repent of their apostacy.

Black helicopter theory is actually true they airlift equipment and supplies to bases are government is building around the country underground bases I mean.

as far as the book goes I will wait for now got to many to read as is.

blade

I realize this is quite an old thread but I am currently reading the book Rulers of Evil by Saussy. It was given to me so I've "wasted" no money. I value the opinions of the men here but I can't conclude that I am wasting my time by reading it. Especially when other resources have confirmed at least some of the suspicions that are raised in the book.

I have never been one to adhere to conspiracy theory but this has definitely captured my attention. If it has been read by some here, what is the critique? I spend my time reading great material. What is presented in this book has led me BACK to some of that material with striking similarities. Soooo...?

T]he papacy really does run United States foreign policy, and always has."

No thinking person denies that our current foreign policy is a product of neocon thinking and effort. People like Wolfowitz, Feith, Krystol, Libby, Perle, Frum, Krauthammer etc.. do have something in common, but it ain't the Roman Catholic Church.

I read this book like 3 or 4 years ago. It has some interesting things in there -but then again I like the whole conspiracy theory thing.

His theology, if I remember correcty, struck me as being pretty flimsy even back then when I had not yet discovered the reformers and puritans.

He certainly takes some pretty far stretches to come to his conclusions.

Nathan, let's just say they don't go to church on the same day as Catholics.

Originally posted by pastorway
I would not waste time or money on this nonsense.

Phillip

Pastor Way, I grant that the summary given in the first post could make one easily dismiss the book. However, what then DO we make of the influence of Rome and the Jesuits, the Deists and the Freemasons upon the establishment of this nation? As I mentioned, much of what is claimed in the book runs parallel to what James A. Wylie has offered.

If we do indeed hold that Rome (the Papacy) is the Antichrist, would it not seem reasonable that deception in the forms of these other institutions and societies would be true to form?

For me, the book is at least putting some things in perspective. As for the "mark of Cain"...:down:

AntiChrist is neither a specific person or a specific organisation. During the time of the Reformers, the Papacy could indeed have been antiChrist, but it doesn't stand to reason that it is now.

Yes, indeed many antichrists have and will come. And by what means? Over 300 popes have maintained continuity.

Is this reply the opinion of the Boards?

Originally posted by D. Paul

Phillip

Pastor Way, I grant that the summary given in the first post could make one easily dismiss the book. However, what then DO we make of the influence of Rome and the Jesuits, the Deists and the Freemasons upon the establishment of this nation? As I mentioned, much of what is claimed in the book runs parallel to what James A. Wylie has offered.

If we do indeed hold that Rome (the Papacy) is the Antichrist, would it not seem reasonable that deception in the forms of these other institutions and societies would be true to form?

For me, the book is at least putting some things in perspective. As for the "mark of Cain"...:down:

My opinion, for what it is worth, is that many people can try to prove lots of things that are BAD about our nations founding. Lots of supposed links, conspiracies, etc. Lots of players and lots of groups vying for control and influence.

The trouble is that it becomes very difficult to prove many of these theories, and even more difficult to determine a course of action, if any, that we should take here and now because of what happened back then (and even may be still ongoing today).

As I told a church member over dinner last week, no matter what we can prove about the founding of our nation, God ordains governments, the good, bad, and ugly. We obey them unless and until they demand that we disbey God. Then we stand ready to pay the price for that civil disobedience.

I have little tolerance for all the conspiricies out there because they can (not that they always do, or have in your case D. Paul) be the source of never ending worry, speculation, and even become an addiction. To the point that people see a conspiracy behind every bush (no pun intended).

The result then is that we can forget that we are not citizens here. We are not at home here. We are pilgrims passing through, and while we are doing such we are Ambassadors for the Kingdom of God.

Whle this book may be an intersting read, and even include some good and true information, what good will it do the church right now right here in accomplishing the task of being ambassadors of reconciliation?

Look at it this way - what if we all lived in China? Would things be different? Or in a Muslim coutry? What would change in the way we thought about government and the church. I often think that because we are so free in the US we are also apathetic and neglect to use our freedom for the cause of Christ. Should the Christians in China seek to overthrow the government? Or should they be about the business of the Kingdom? (yes, I know there are some that believe that every government should be brought to subjection to the cross, but really - should Christians in every nation then seek to overthrow their government?)

Salvation is not about being spared from government or oppressors. This is what the Jews were expecting from Jesus - right? A political Messiah, a Delivering King to crush Rome.

Well today it seems that to many, the government is our Rome and we want a Messiah to deliver us. But God ordained the government, put us here under it's authority, and commands that we be faithful to Him in preaching the gospel in and out of season.

If you enjoy conspiracy books, that's okay. I did too once. I read every book written (maybe not every, but a lot) on teh Kennedy assasignation. It took years, and I read them all. And what difference does it make? He is still dead and was not all that great a President anyway. Does it prove our government can't be trusted? Yeah. But we can trust God!

But we can't get carried away. God is sovereign no matter what the guys in black helicopters are doing. And no matter who did what when this country was founded, God was in it and will sustain it until His purposes have been served. Then we too as a nation will fall by the wayside unless Christ returns first.

Phillip

Originally posted by D. Paul

Phillip

My opinion, for what it is worth, is that many people can try to prove lots of things that are BAD about our nations founding. Lots of supposed links, conspiracies, etc. Lots of players and lots of groups vying for control and influence.

The trouble is that it becomes very difficult to prove many of these theories, and even more difficult to determine a course of action, if any, that we should take here and now because of what happened back then (and even may be still ongoing today).

As I told a church member over dinner last week, no matter what we can prove about the founding of our nation, God ordains governments, the good, bad, and ugly. We obey them unless and until they demand that we disbey God. Then we stand ready to pay the price for that civil disobedience.

I have little tolerance for all the conspiricies out there because they can (not that they always do, or have in your case D. Paul) be the source of never ending worry, speculation, and even become an addiction. To the point that people see a conspiracy behind every bush (no pun intended).

The result then is that we can forget that we are not citizens here. We are not at home here. We are pilgrims passing through, and while we are doing such we are Ambassadors for the Kingdom of God.

Whle this book may be an intersting read, and even include some good and true information, what good will it do the church right now right here in accomplishing the task of being ambassadors of reconciliation?

Look at it this way - what if we all lived in China? Would things be different? Or in a Muslim coutry? What would change in the way we thought about government and the church. I often think that because we are so free in the US we are also apathetic and neglect to use our freedom for the cause of Christ. Should the Christians in China seek to overthrow the government? Or should they be about the business of the Kingdom? (yes, I know there are some that believe that every government should be brought to subjection to the cross, but really - should Christians in every nation then seek to overthrow their government?)

Salvation is not about being spared from government or oppressors. This is what the Jews were expecting from Jesus - right? A political Messiah, a Delivering King to crush Rome.

Well today it seems that to many, the government is our Rome and we want a Messiah to deliver us. But God ordained the government, put us here under it's authority, and commands that we be faithful to Him in preaching the gospel in and out of season.

If you enjoy conspiracy books, that's okay. I did too once. I read every book written (maybe not every, but a lot) on the Kennedy assasignation. It took years, and I read them all. And what difference does it make? He is still dead and was not all that great a President anyway. Does it prove our government can't be trusted? Yeah. But we can trust God!

But we can't get carried away. God is sovereign no matter what the guys in black helicopters are doing. And no matter who did what when this country was founded, God was in it and will sustain it until His purposes have been served. Then we too as a nation will fall by the wayside unless Christ returns first.

Phillip

:amen: Thanks for that post Pastor Way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back