Rutherford, The Gift of Prophecy, and the WCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is it in US Dollars?

At the current exchange rate it's about $40.00, plus shipping.

"Fascinating" is not the word. From the very first footnote on the definition of "miracle" to the concluding appendix on "providence" the author has his finger on the pulse. It's just what the doctor ordered for the present confused state of the church.

Well, it's fascinating to me. :pilgrim: I may come up with a better adjective after I finish reading it. Joel Beeke also used the same word to describe it in this foreword:

The Westminster Confession of Faith and the Cessation of Special Revelation ought to be read not only by those interested in Puritan theology, but also by pastors and lay people who wish to grow in their understanding of the debate between cessationism and continuationism. It is a fascinating, groundbreaking book for several reasons. It not only addresses a formidable subject never thoroughly studied before, but its conclusions are so transparent that the reader cannot but find himself repeatedly concurring with the author as he presents one new insight after another. Also, in its treatment of individual Puritans and his comparative analysis between the English and the Scottish are most enlightening. Milne's book clarifies a remarkable amount of profound, theological detail that lies behind the cessationist clause of the Westminster Confession of Faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back