Sabbatarians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallen

Puritan Board Freshman
I am wondering if there are any seventh day sabbatarians, either Baptist or Presbyterian, posting in this forum?

I used to be, no thanks to my mother :( She came to a very legalistic view of the Sabbath, and passed it on to me for a while. It was terrible, and looking back, it was pure legalism.

Westminster Confession of Faith

Chapter XXI
Of Religious Worship, and the Sabbath Day

VII. As it is the law of nature, that, in general, a due proportion of time be set apart for the worship of God; so, in His Word, by a positive, moral, and perpetual commandment binding all men in all ages, He has particularly appointed one day in seven, for a Sabbath, to be kept holy unto him:[34] which, from the beginning of the world to the resurrection of Christ, was the last day of the week: and, from the resurrection of Christ, was changed into the first day of the week,[35] which, in Scripture, is called the Lord's Day,[36] and is to be continued to the end of the world, as the Christian Sabbath.[37]

Westminster Confession of Faith

Chapter XXI
Of Religious Worship, and the Sabbath Day

VII. As it is the law of nature, that, in general, a due proportion of time be set apart for the worship of God; so, in His Word, by a positive, moral, and perpetual commandment binding all men in all ages, He has particularly appointed one day in seven, for a Sabbath, to be kept holy unto him:[34] which, from the beginning of the world to the resurrection of Christ, was the last day of the week: and, from the resurrection of Christ, was changed into the first day of the week,[35] which, in Scripture, is called the Lord's Day,[36] and is to be continued to the end of the world, as the Christian Sabbath.[37]

And I will add that Chapter 22 of the 1689 London Baptist Confession says the same thing. And to further emphasize the point, it adds, "the observation of the last day of the week being abolished."

So, holding to a seventh-day Sabbath is unconfessional.

People can make anything legalistic, it seems. I am sorry that your experience was negative.

I am hoping to have some dialog with someone that is a sabbatarian.

Blessings.

The latest edition of Table Talk has articles on four different views of the Sabbath. One is by a seventh-day sabbatarian. You might want to give it a look.

So, holding to a seventh-day Sabbath is unconfessional.

I am aware of the Confessions and what they say. I am also aware of the philosophical arguments that accompany them. Being unconfessional doesn't make them unbiblical, necessarily. And researching this topic very thoroughly over the last year or so, I am aware of the Reformed who held to the seventh day Sabbath. It is this group of people that I am looking to dialog with. Saying this, I do not want to stiffle anyones imput into the thread.

tyfyt, blessings.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

The latest edition of Table Talk has articles on four different views of the Sabbath. One is by a seventh-day sabbatarian. You might want to give it a look.

Thank you.

I'm a Sabbatarian, of the Westminster Variety. Work (lawful employments, recreation, etc.) 6 Days, Rest (worship, works of mercy & necessity) 1.

Not of the seventh day variety?

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Gotcha, bye..., again.

And it seems one that likes to limit an inquirery.

But thanks for pointing out the limitations on the forum. I will take my inquirery elsewhere, again, as it seems it will not go anywhere here.

Blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back