Sabbath Keeping Letter to Employer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what our people's employers would say, but that letter is excellent: humble, clear, concise, respectful. Many thanks for posting it!

Are you asking how an employer might respond as opposed to if it came from just the employee?

This would be a helpful resource if an employer chose to press a request for being off on the sabbath and their was an opportunity to substantiate it.

Some employers might believe no one cares about the sabbath in this generation, and a gentle letter like this might be helpful.

In many instances, it needs only the clear communication of the employee to employer, and an employee who seeks the good of his employer, and an attitude that reflects that.

While there are many things that might obscure that, unions, office politics, unethical behavior, even financial pressures, employers generally will recognize, value and respect good employees.

I have written several such letters for Church members to assist them in helping their employers to understand our Sabbath convictions. All reports I have received back from our members is that the letters were well received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back