Sacrilege!.....of sorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimJr

Puritan Board Freshman
I just read that a new Lone Ranger movie is in the works, starring George Clooney as the masked man, and Johnny Depp as Tonto. Somebody puh-lease say it ain't so! Will Hollywood never learn? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! And I thought we were passed the days of Hollywood using white guys to portray Indians!

Osiyo :)
Are you positive he isn't NA? To be honest, there are people that thought I was black because my given name is Jamal and if you just catch a passing glimpse of me, you'd think I was 'just white' also. (gotta love how people make assumptions)

Looked it up: Depp does have Native American ancestry, but I admit he looks like he'd do a better Zorro than Tonto.

I'm 3/8 Cherokee but most folks would never guess it due to my, ahem, prevalent facial and body hair.

Chuck Norris as the Lone Ranger!!! ;)

I'm not sure Chuck would be willing to shave, and if he were, maybe, 30 years younger, who knows? Casting George Clooney? Oh that's right, he was absolutely wonderful the last time he donned a mask on screen! :duh:

The Lone Ranger and Tonto were riding across the plains one day, when Tonto suddenly cocked his ear at a passing falcoln's cry. "Kemosabe... Apache to East!" he whispered.

The Lone Ranger looked to his faithful companion. "What do we do?"

Tonto pondered a moment. "We ride West!"

After riding a short while, Tonto again paused, searching the horizon with his eagle-sharp eyes. "Kemosabe... Apache to West!"

The Masked Man looked once again at his friend. "What should we do?"

Tonto scratched his head in thought. "We ride North!"

After a brief ride, Tonto stopped to scent the breeze. "Kemosabe... Apache to North!"

"What do we do now?" his companion asked.

Without hesitation, Tonto replied, "We ride South!"

Within minutes, Tonto reigned in his horse and dropped to the ground. Placing his ear to the earth, he listened intently. "Kemosabe... Apache to South!"

Worried, the Lone One asked him, "NOW what do we do?"

Tonto thought hard for a moment, his eyes squinting in concentration. Then his face lit up. "What do you mean "WE", White Man?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back