Salutations from Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratford

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello! My name’s Kyle, and I’m glad to have been accepted on these boards. I’m a Reformed Baptist, and I’m currently doing hospital work.
To make a long story short, I was baptized when I was 5 into a Baptist church, and again as a teenager in a non-denominational one. I then joined the Catholic Church, but I fell away three days after confirmation because the Holy Spirit wasn’t in on it.
I then spent eight years as an atheist doing whatever I wanted, and later rejoined Catholicism after being convicted for my lifestyle, yet I had no spiritual success there.
Ten months ago I read the gospels for the first time, was reborn, and then submitted my life to Christ.
With my life having been completely changed, I discovered Reformed Theology and found it matched precisely what had happened to me. I look forward to continuing to grow in the faith and interacting with all of you here. God bless!

Andrew35

Puritan Board Sophomore
A fellow-Michigander!

I forgive you and the rest of those unfortunates here who come from the bottom of the Great Mitten.

Perhaps you can visit nobler parts of the state on your vacations.

C. M. Sheffield

Puritan Board Graduate
Hello Brother Kyle! Welcome to the board. I rejoice in the mercy of God to you! I hope you find your time on the board edifying and instructive.

Stratford

Puritan Board Freshman
A fellow-Michigander!

I forgive you and the rest of those unfortunates here who come from the bottom of the Great Mitten.

Perhaps you can visit nobler parts of the state on your vacations.
We Michiganites have to stick together! And I agree, never really been anywhere else here but Southeast my whole life.

dhh712

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey there, Kyle! It's good you're here. I also come from a Catholic background and am rather new to the reformed faith. The Holy Spirit showed me that by large many Christians (non-reformed) lean too much on their own understanding and do not trust in the word of God. Ultimately it is Jesus that saves, but a thorough knowledge of his word provides for a strong faith and a closer walk with the Lord.

Jonathco

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome to the PB, Kyle! Always nice to see another Michigander (and Reformed Baptist) on the board!

PuritanCovenanter

Staff member
Welcome to the Puritanboard. Your testimony is similar to mine in a few ways. lol. 40 years have gone by now and I am still growing up in the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.