Salvation for infants

Status
Not open for further replies.

satz

Puritan Board Senior
Hi folks,

Care to post your views on how dying infants obtain salvation?

Does anyone here hold to the 'age of accountability'? I personally don't but would be interested to here from anyone who does.

Thanks

This is from the WCF Chapter 10 on Effectual Calling:

III. Elect infants, dying in infancy, are regenerated, and saved by Christ, through the Spirit,[12] who works when, and where, and how He pleases:[13] so also are all other elect persons who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word.[14]

Scripture:

[12] LUK 18:15 And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. ACT 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. JOH 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 1JO 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. ROM 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

[13] JOH 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

[14] 1JO 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. ACT 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Oh, by the way,

[quote:d9df3db227]
good question. I have wondered how Reformed Baptists work this out.
[/quote:d9df3db227]

As a Reformed Baptist, I agree with Turretin. :bs2:

(See linked article above).

Also, as says the London Confession:

[quote:d9df3db227]
Elect infants dying in infancy are regenerated and saved by Christ through the Spirit; who worketh when, and where, and how he pleases; so also are all elect persons, who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word. -LBC1689 10:3.
[/quote:d9df3db227]

[Edited on 5-10-2004 by Dan....]

[quote:3ae358cf08][i:3ae358cf08]Originally posted by Emme[/i:3ae358cf08]
Hi folks,

Care to post your views on how dying infants obtain salvation?

Does anyone here hold to the 'age of accountability'? I personally don't but would be interested to here from anyone who does.

Thanks [/quote:3ae358cf08]

Same way adults "obtain" it.

[Edited on 5-10-2004 by A_Wild_Boar]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back