Samuel Rutherford: Christ’s heaven is our heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
There is a Community of Glory betwixt Christ and Us: The Heaven that the Mediator Christ Enjoys, is our Heaven; Our Heaven is to the Man Christ in a Conquest: Heaven was bought with Blood to Him and Us, and to make you Rejoice: None of GOD‘s Children gets a Heaven properly of their own; Why? We got a share and part of Christ‘s Inheritance, He is the Principal Heir, Romans 8.

We are the Conjunct-heirs: Sweet is that Word which He speaks to his Children, Luke 22. 29. And I appoint unto You a Kingdom, as My Father hath appointed unto Me, that ye may Eat and Drink at My Table in My Kingdom, Sitting on Thrones, Judging the Twelve Tribes of Israel. The Meaning is, My Father hath made a Disposition to Me of the Kingdom of GOD, it is Mine and My Dear Children. I will think Heaven uncouth if ye be not with Me. Here I make a Disposition and Resignation of that Kingdom to you; Ye shall Sit at my Table in My Kingdom: Up your Heart, howbeit ye be not Lords in Earth, ye shall be Lords in Heaven; I and Ye shall part Kingdoms and Thrones together. ...

For more, see Samuel Rutherford: Christ’s heaven is our heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back