Satan`s use of scripture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Joey

Puritan Board Junior
As we can tell from Matthew chapter 4.Satan can use scripture in arguements.I have found from personal experience that Satan deceives believers and unbelievers mainly with this verse:

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

It is always taken out of context.Christians who donnot read much scripture feels they have no defense against it.Also if you speak of something somebody is doing as evil,people say you are judging and use this verse.

I bring this up mainly because I have been arguing with some people on another board about Catholics being unbelievers.Their response would be "we are all sinners just as them","they confess Christ",and of course "judge not".:banghead:

Guys I really want some responses to this.I guess I need responses to know what to say and other experiences from you all.

[Edited on 4-6-2005 by Average Joey]

John 7:24: "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

If anyone says that Matthew 7:1 means that we must not make any judgments of people at all, then quote John 7:24 and ask what Jesus meant when he told us to make a "righteous judgment." If judgment itself is categorically wrong, then how could Jesus say to "judge righteous judgment"? The moment they start trying to explain what a "righteous judgment" is, it is obvious that their "interpretation" of Matthew 7:1, forbidding all judging, was ridiculous and unbiblical. At the very least, it should be clear to anyone truly seeking to understand God's Word that we need to look at the whole of God's Word before we can decide what "Judge not, lest ye be judged" means.

Unfortunately, many you speak to will not in fact truly be seeking to understand God's Word, and for them all we may do is pray.

Jie-huli

Originally posted by Jie-Huli
John 7:24: "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

If anyone says that Matthew 7:1 means that we must not make any judgments of people at all, then quote John 7:24 and ask what Jesus meant when he told us to make a "righteous judgment." If judgment itself is categorically wrong, then how could Jesus say to "judge righteous judgment"? The moment they start trying to explain what a "righteous judgment" is, it is obvious that their "interpretation" of Matthew 7:1, forbidding all judging, was ridiculous and unbiblical. At the very least, it should be clear to anyone truly seeking to understand God's Word that we need to look at the whole of God's Word before we can decide what "Judge not, lest ye be judged" means.

Unfortunately, many you speak to will not in fact truly be seeking to understand God's Word, and for them all we may do is pray.

Jie-huli

I almost totally forgot about that verse.Thank you Jie-huli and Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back