Save Draft of New Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey

Puritan Board Junior
I just thought of this. WordPress allows you to save a draft of a post before publishing it. GMail allows the same thing for e-mail. Could this be done here on the PB? It might only be possible for new threads, or only make sense for new threads, but it might encourage (at least it might for me!) people to take more time to think about a post before committing it to the site. Sometimes you just want to type a post and send it out so you don't forget; with this option you could type a post and save it, then mull over it, and then post it (or opt not to). Good idea? :think: Possible? :scratch:

This would be helpful, especially if it had a user-friendly spell check with it.

I don't know how it works for you Casey, but my login times out before I can post a message, unless its a really short message. This forces me to go to my word processor to type a post. I read through a few times before I post it, and usually I need to cut quite a bit out so that it is not too long for a post.

If I do it on the PB screen I'll be timed out by the time I want to post it. So I've already got saved drafts, most of which I delete once I've posted.

This would be a good idea, if possible. I think I've lost at least one lengthy post in the past due to a crash or an internet problem. A few times when I thought I had something important to post (whether it really was or not, the reader will have to judge :lol:) I have written it in a word document or saved it as a draft in Gmail and then pasted it here when I was done so I wouldn't lose it if something happened.

I just thought of this. WordPress allows you to save a draft of a post before publishing it. GMail allows the same thing for e-mail. Could this be done here on the PB? It might only be possible for new threads, or only make sense for new threads, but it might encourage (at least it might for me!) people to take more time to think about a post before committing it to the site. Sometimes you just want to type a post and send it out so you don't forget; with this option you could type a post and save it, then mull over it, and then post it (or opt not to). Good idea? :think: Possible? :scratch:

Or you can just post it and then edit it 100 times and sometimes even decide to delete it the way I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back