SBC Alliance with RCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting statement. Let me preface this question by saying that I'm not far or against Page.

Why do you believe Page would return our seminaries to teach a doubtful Bible?

I'm not in the SBC loop so I don't really know anything about him.

Let us be careful to keep my statement in context. I did not make Page soley responsible however I most certainly included him. I see now that I miss typed my post and the "d" should be an "s" at the end of "guy" to form the word "guys".

Frank Page has presented himslef as on a mission to unite the convention. In doing so he includes the Emerging Church movement as "bringing value to the convention". I tried to find the original statement but it was made some time last year and I was unable to locate it to link to it. I do however stand by my assertion that he has mde such a statement. It was made to a Pastor in Arkansa. I did find this article on the matter: Apprising Ministries: OPEN LETTER TO DR. FRANK PAGE AND KENT SHIRLEY

The Emerging Church Movement is in grave error and has a low view of scripture. This very issue is what created the conservative resurgence which began approximately in 1979. It depends heavily on philosphy in place of scripture. It is ecumenical in nature and has no value to the Kingdom of God in any of its forms.

Point well made and taken. I think you're right about Page making that statement about the Emerging Church. I think it's an attempt to help the "young people" feel like they are part in the Convention.

Yes, if this is the road that is taken the SBC will be back to square one, but people like Dr. Mohler at Southern will do their best to keep us on track.

The emrging Church heresy is very spread out and should be a serious concern to the conservative resurgence. I have just recently began a new work that is doing well. I have had to apply for "church-at-large" status because of the agenda of this association with regards to the emerging misiology.

I have just recently began a new work that is doing well. I have had to apply for "church-at-large" status because of the agenda of this association with regards to the emerging misiology.

Really?! Hmmm...time to take this more seriously and start reading some material on this movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back