SBC Founders group to form in North Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hungus

Puritan Board Freshman
From my just recently former pastor in Murphy Tx' blogsite:
For a few years now I've wanted to organize a local fellowship of likeminded SBC church leaders and future leaders who could meet for mutual encouragement, edification, and enhancement of ministry and personal spirituality. There was a similar group, though more ecumenical, that met in the Fort Worth area that was meeting my needs in this area, but it has been dissolved.

So, at the encouragement of others, I put the wheels in motion for the Lone Star Founders Fraternal, for those friendly to the aims & values of Founders Ministries. We will primarily be meeting in the NE Dallas area and will have our first official meeting in August. Prior to that time, I welcome input from those interested with regard to when to meet (weekday or Saturday, afternoon or morning, etc.) and where to meet (rotating at representative churches, restaurant, etc.).

I envision activities centered around the discussion of theology & practice, perhaps with guest speakers, Deo volente. At the planning meeting in August, we will better define what will meet the needs of the group, so bring your ideas to the table there/then or in the comments section. Our first meeting will be at First Baptist in Murphy, TX (likely the morning of 8/12), but subsequent locations are TBD.

The Lone Star Founders Fraternal promotes the fellowship and edification of SBC pastors and (future) church leaders who seek to glorify God by the preservation & promotion of the doctrines of grace in SBC church life. To the end of fellowship and unity, we request at least general agreement with the "5 Solas" as described in the Cambridge Declaration, but welcome Southern Baptists who can generally affirm any of the following: London Baptist Confessions of 1644/46 or 1689 or the Abstract of Principles (1858).

Please post your comments with any suggestions regarding material or logistical aspects.

Any comments directly to Gunny (Eric Hartman) should be posted to his blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back