Scripture Reading While Studying Covenant Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.

sastark

Puritan Board Graduate
All- I just ordered Matt's "A Simple Overview of Covenant Theology" as well ast Witsius' two volume "Economy of the Covenants Between God and Man".

It also happens that I have just finished reading through the book of Revelation in my daily devotionals.

So, here is my question to you all: Is there a particular book or books of the Bible that you would recommend I read through in my devotions while I am working through these two works on Covenant Theology? I was thinking Hebrews or Genesis, but am open to suggestions.

Oh, and Deuteronomy. I read many of these books whilst studying CT, and reading through them was a great factor in my converting to full-on CT.

Gabriel's list is good, all I would add is Matthew. Matthew makes much more sense from the perspective of CT, especially ch 21-25.

Parable of the vinedressers:up::up:

Luke has some pretty interesting tidbits as well, related to CT and the CoG, etc.

For example:

Luke 1:54 He has helped his servant Israel,
in remembrance of his mercy,
55 as he spoke to our fathers,
to Abraham and to his offspring forever."

Luke 1:68 "œBlessed be the Lord God of Israel,
for he has visited and redeemed his people
69 and has raised up a horn of salvation for us
in the house of his servant David,
70 as he spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets from of old,
71 that we should be saved from our enemies
and from the hand of all who hate us;
72 to show the mercy promised to our fathers
and to remember his holy covenant,
73 the oath that he swore to our father Abraham
, to grant us
74 that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies,
might serve him without fear,
75 in holiness and righteousness before him all our days.

Luke 19:9 And Jesus said to him, "œToday salvation has come to this house, since he also is a son of Abraham.

Romans, Galatians, and Hebrews. These three probably do the most work at connecting the old and new testaments and explaining the overarching historical plan of salvation through the lenses of covenant theology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back