Seagoon's Timeline of the Wilkins FV affair

Discussion in 'Federal Vision/New Perspectives' started by NaphtaliPress, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaphtaliPress

NaphtaliPress Administrator Staff Member

Yahoo! Groups
    Thanks Andy!:cheers:

2. Poimen

Poimen Puritan Board Post-Graduate

I read this on another website. Very helpful Andy.

3. Bladestunner316

Bladestunner316 Puritan Board Doctor

:ditto: thank you for posting this I hope they keep updating this it helps those like me get a better grasp of whats going on.

4. Stephen

Stephen Puritan Board Junior

According to the information published by the PCA Jeffrey Steel was removed from office as a Teaching Elder in 2004. I do not know the details of his removal, but I think it is a wakeup call to those of us who are Reformed. We have so many in our circles defecting to Rome or Angl-Catholicism (which is nothing but Romanism w/out a pope) and most of this defection can be laid at the feet of Norman False Sheperd and other so-called Protestants in the FV movement. Rome is a false church and the pope is the anti-Christ, as the WCF so clearly states. I saw this defection coming years before the FV movement was even an issue. Men like Scott Hahn & Marcus Broady were falling in love with a Romantic view of Rome, not realizing how deceitful she is. I fear that others from the FV movement will defect to Rome, but then they will be forced to drink from the harlot's cup. May God give us a vision for a new Reformation that calls the church to embrace the gospel of salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. Soli Deo Gloria!

5. NaphtaliPress

Wilson replied to Andy, and Andy has replied on bbwarfield till? he gets access to post a reply on Wilson's blog.
    Yahoo! Groups
    There's a lot indenting formating so I'm not sure of the value of reposting it here but I'll try and see.
    --- Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:43 pm
    --- In [email protected], "Andrew J. Webb" wrote:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  6. SEAGOON

SEAGOON Puritan Board Freshman

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting this. BTW there is a typo at the end. It should read:

"1) Do you believe that not only church officers, but church members have a right to scrupulously fair trials conducted strictly according to an established written procedure, including the ability to face their accusers, see and present their own evidence etc. before any sort of verdict is rendered or censure administered?"

Now if I can just find someone able to post this to Blog and Mablog....

7. DTK

DTK Puritan Board Junior

Andy said:
    This is where, I confess, I lost control and began to LOL. Nothing like stating the obvious!

DTK

8. a mere housewife

a mere housewife Not your cup of tea

"Now if I can just find someone able to post this to Blog and Mablog...."

I posted a link on two threads.

9. SEAGOON

SEAGOON Puritan Board Freshman

Thanks much for doing that! I can't get on the board myself.

- Andy

10. NaphtaliPress

Corrected it; glad to do it.:)

11. a mere housewife

a mere housewife Not your cup of tea

Rev. Webb, I was happy to post them for you. Unfortunately I don't know how to link so that the page loads to the relevant post: but I did try to direct people to scroll down the page (and if you are reading this, you've scrolled too far -smiles).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.