Second quarter! Round two: Through the Bible in 90 days.

Will you try to get through the Bible the next 90 days?

• Yes, I did it once and I am ready for round two.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes, I did not make round one but am up for round two.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Yes, I have not tried before, but am up for the challenge.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No, I made round one but can't manage another.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I tried it once and failed and can't imagine doing it again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but maybe next quarter.

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have attached the guide I use.

Of course, looking at the guide (I just printed it out), and considering there is only an hour and a half left to today, I'm already too far behind!:book2:

book2.gif

Would it count if I have already been using plan and then picked up the next three months and finish what I haven't read? I have already read through the Pentateuch, Matthew, Acts, Romans, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, and half of the Psalms. I think I could finish the rest of the Bible by the end of June since I have read through some of the long narrative already...

Do you think it would be profitable spending the firs six months reading through the Bible, and then the last six months reading and studying (with commentaries, reference books, etc) in more depth 4-6 individual books of the Bible? Has anyone else done this?

Where is the option for just: "No" :lol:

I read through the Scriptures once a year in addition to my normal studies that I do for teaching. I find that it gives me a good overview of Scripture to ground me in my more detailed study.

I'm starting a little late (April 9), but I have decided to give it a try. I recently switched to the KJV as my primary teaching and preaching Bible, and I would like to read it through at a more accelerated pace than my normal schedule of cover to cover in a year. The other times I have read through the Bible I have used more recent translations. So far, it has been a challenge and a great joy to read familiar and favorite passages in the beautiful language of the KJV. (Note: I am not a KJV only person. Just prefer the KJV for the language and my local situation.)

I would like to thank Pilgrim's Progeny for making the reading schedule available.

I read through the Scriptures once a year in addition to my normal studies that I do for teaching. I find that it gives me a good overview of Scripture to ground me in my more detailed study.

Hey Semper Fidelis,

I think your answer gives some clues to your paedobaptism. You read through the Bible once a year. Spurgeon read through the Bible 4 times a year (similar to the 90 day scheme) and was a Baptist. It logically follows that being a Reformed Baptist comes about be being more aquainted with the Word. :lol::lol:

I think I'm going to give this a try, too! I've reformatted the reading plan to fit on one page and added a reading selection from the Westminster Standards each day as well. :) (Let me know if you find any errors.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back