Seeking advice on forming a mens bible study at my college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loganm

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello all!
I am new to the forums, as far as posting goes-I have been reading the forums for a while, but only recently have decided to join.
I am a college student at Belhaven University in Jackson Mississippi. I am a theology major, and will be heading into ministry later on once I complete my MDiv.

I am apart of RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) on campus and am a bit saddened to find out that, as of right now, there are only three group bible studies on campus. One is strictly for women, and the other two are co-ed.

I am wanting to put together a mens group, and I am wanting it to focus on mans role in the world (society in general, but church and family roles as well). I am wondering if there are any curriculums out there that are specifically tailored to this subject and setting? I have done a little research, but I value the opinions on this forum more than, say, google reviews.

I believe it is extremely important for these young guys to have a biblical view and understanding on this important subject-I say young because they are almost all around 20, whereas I am almost 30. I could "wing it", but if there is actually a group curriculum out there, I would much prefer that structured way of doing it.

Joshua, my apologies, I typed that in a rush, as I had class shortly, and foolishly did not take the time to proofread it.
C. M. Sheffield-Thank you! I will check that out.

Hello all!
I am new to the forums, as far as posting goes-I have been reading the forums for a while, but only recently have decided to join.
I am a college student at Belhaven University in Jackson Mississippi. I am a theology major, and will be heading into ministry later on once I complete my MDiv.

I am apart of RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) on campus and am a bit saddened to find out that, as of right now, there are only three group bible studies on campus. One is strictly for women, and the other two are co-ed.

I am wanting to put together a mens group, and I am wanting it to focus on mans role in the world (society in general, but church and family roles as well). I am wondering if there are any curriculums out there that are specifically tailored to this subject and setting? I have done a little research, but I value the opinions on this forum more than, say, google reviews.

I believe it is extremely important for these young guys to have a biblical view and understanding on this important subject-I say young because they are almost all around 20, whereas I am almost 30. I could "wing it", but if there is actually a group curriculum out there, I would much prefer that structured way of doing it.
I found this FREE ebook, which I have not read, but should be solid (same book Pastor Sheffield recommended, but a link to a free version):
https://www.ligonier.org/blog/masculine-mandate-free-ebook/

Maybe you will find good considerations here:
https://www.puritanboard.com/threads/biblical-manhood.66557/

Voddie Bauchaum handles this topic very well.

Last edited:
Thanks! And yes, I am a huge fan of Voddie Bauchaum, not sure why I never thought to look towards him. Great thinking!

I found this FREE ebook, which I have not read, but should be solid (same book Pastor Sheffield recommended, but a link to a free version):
https://www.ligonier.org/blog/masculine-mandate-free-ebook/

I would actually go against the Masculine Mandate. Some men in our church went through that a year or two ago and it was a letdown through and through. Poorly written, repetitive, and of little help. If its free, then by all means, but I regret having bought that one.

I would actually go against the Masculine Mandate. Some men in our church went through that a year or two ago and it was a letdown through and through. Poorly written, repetitive, and of little help. If its free, then by all means, but I regret having bought that one.
Thanks, that's good to know.

The Godly Man's Picture by Thomas Watson.

And any of these:
Directions for Daily Holy Living - by Daniel Burgess (1645-1713)

The Christian's Union, Communion and Conformity to Jesus Christ In His Death and Resurrection, by John Brinsley (1600-1665)

The Christian's Duty to Walk Wisely - by Matthew Mead (1630-1699)

Rules for Our Walking With God - by Jeremiah Burroughs (1599-1646)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back