Seminary Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan,

No, I'm a Knight! You're a Norseman...right? I thought you went to GP North...isn't their mascot the Norsemen? Or did I get GP North and GP South confused?

Mary :puzzled:

[quote:c69272533c][i:c69272533c]Originally posted by staythecourse[/i:c69272533c]
Hi Wayne,

Yes, they help place all the graduates. While I am there they also help me find work in a church if I submit a resume. They encourage finding a church to preach in or help out in while attending. They tell me there are hundreds within commuting distance. (It's nice to have a car that gets 40 mpg highway- Saturn SC-2 - but I digress)

Are you interested in Southern yourself? [/quote:c69272533c]

Its good to here that they help you out versus leaving you on your own.

Not interested in Southern. In fact I don't like going north of the Red River :bs2:

To Everyone:

What do you think of Westminster East? It doesn't excite me honestly, but it's really close to family and friends.

[quote:1d6e90998c][i:1d6e90998c]Originally posted by staythecourse[/i:1d6e90998c]
I don't know what school's had Knights. Fill me in. [/quote:1d6e90998c]

Haha. If you don't know the secret handshake...

That would be the mascot for "Shrine of the Little Flower" aka Royal Oak Shrine. ( After St. Therese the Little Flower, a French nun - Catholic HS) Funny story...there used to be 2 HS - both called "Shrine of the Little Flower", but for simplicity's sake, the boys HS was called "Shrine High" and the girls HS was called "Little Flower HS for Girls." Then they merged, but the name stayed "Little Flower HS." You can imagine the teasing the boys on the football team got about that. "Are you a Little Flower? You look delicate!" Fortunately, they have since corrected it, and it is now "Shrine HS." The "Shrine Knights".

And in case your "Detroit History" bell was ringing; Yes: Shrine is the church that was built with funds from Fr. Charles Coughlin's radio program. Not a shining moment in the history of the archdiocese.

More info than you ever wanted to know about my high school, but you shouldn't have asked if you didn't want all the info!

Mary :D

[quote:0a9700e4e8][i:0a9700e4e8]Originally posted by Ianterrell[/i:0a9700e4e8]
To Everyone:

What do you think of Westminster East? It doesn't excite me honestly, but it's really close to family and friends. [/quote:0a9700e4e8]

Ian,
as long as you know to filter out the New Perspective stuff when it gets thrown your way.... I guess its acceptable. There are some good profs at several schools, and Philly is one of them. Consider WTS Dallas - Sinclair as the systematics prof, Prof. Greene teaching you the original languages one-on-one and in a class of 10-12 (as opposed to Philly, where a PhD candidate student would probably be teaching you in a class of 50), being mentored by Rev Settle (a pastor for 50 years), and being able to intern significantly in a nearby church without having to beat out 600 other students to get the job. Plus, I hear the N. Texas presbytery is one of the best (if not the best) in the country. And profs from Philly come down to teach classes there too. Besides, haven't you ever wanted to wear a cowboy hat?

Philly: :no:
Covenant: :)
RTS Jackson: :yes:
WTS West: :D
WTS Philly: :bs2:

[quote:d4f4cb3c88][i:d4f4cb3c88]Originally posted by DanielC[/i:d4f4cb3c88]

WTS Philly: :bs2: [/quote:d4f4cb3c88]

Whoops. Did I write that? :banghead:
This is what I meant:

WTS Dallas: :bs2:

Actually I'm not to excited about dusting off the old Cowboy hat, I was raised in Texas. I wouldn't be able to finish my MDiv in Dallas anyway, the program only covers part of the degree. That's kind of a turn off for me. Plus having spent a great deal of time in Tx already, I've got a feel of the land, and I'm not a fan. Texas is too hot for me. I like temperate zones, though I would be closer to family and friends which would be a plus.

RTS is actually higher on my list than WTS, and Greenville might be on top for me. But God knows what the future will bring.

Fair enough. But don't be scared off people... WTS Dallas does offer the complete M.Div. degree. However, it is the only degree that they offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back