Sentence diagramming

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shepherd's Grace

Puritan Board Freshman
Is there anyone who has written a book with every sentence diagrammed in the NT and/or OT?

Looking for this in English not Greek.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Is there anyone who has written a book regarding all the sentence diagrams of the NT and/or OT?

Thank you.
Is there a specific work you have in mind? The bold part is throwing me off, which is why I ask.

In general, I would look into William Ramey's NT sentence diagram work. You purchase book-by-book or the entire NT. Every sentence is diagrammed.

Is there a specific work you have in mind? The bold part is throwing me off, which is why I ask.

In general, I would look into William Ramey's NT sentence diagram work. You purchase book-by-book or the entire NT. Every sentence is diagrammed.
I’m looking for every sentence diagrammed in English.

Is there a way to buy his Greek sentence diagramming on logos and it translate it for me? I’m not too knowledgable with logos.

Leedy considered making an English version of his diagrams, but his latest update says the project is on hold.

It's not in printed book form, but Logos has some impressive and very useful Greek text analytical tools, many of which are interlinear Greek and English. I've learned a fair bit just playing around with these.
Thank you for this information.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a person who has done this in English yet.

Thank you for this information.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a person who has done this in English yet.
Usually folks are doing that kind of deep digging only in the Greek and Hebrew. Not very many people are interested in the English because people with those desires typically have a working knowledge of the Greek and Hebrew. At that point, you just dive in under the English. I'm sorry there isn't more for people wanting to diagram English (or any other mother tongue).

Also, as far as Logos is concerned, I don't have it and am pretty well out of my element with Bible software. Sorry!

a diagram for english words for all the NT is too technical for the lay person and too simple for the full time minister/academic.

I dont know if this is a workaround, but the free Bible program theWord has a function where if you hover over certain English translations, it has a pop-up that gives you the word info including the greek/hebrew, and whether it is a noun, verb, etc. While it is not a diagrammed sentence, it may help to be able to visualize word info while the sentence is structured and get an idea that way. But I dont know too much about sentence diagramming, so I cant tell you. You can go to the website https://theword.net/ and http://www.wordmodules.com/ to download stuff. It is all free. Hope this helps, God Bless.
the word test.jpg

You can download the stuff of your choosing from the websites, but if you like, I have mine in a portable form, so if you want to bypass the download, send me a message and I will send you my address and you can send me a flash drive and I will put it on there for you for a no install use. It only works on Windows as of now and Linux via Wine. My program is mainly reference material, i.e. commentaries, dictionaries, etc; but there are a few books on there. But they have tons of stuff to choose from. Its a really handy tool for study if you dont want to splurge for Logos; but it utilizes public domain works with a small selection of paid resources available. Some like E-Sword better, I just happen to like the interface of theWord better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back