Sermon For This Lord's Day 12/13/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Presbyterian

Puritanboard Amanuensis
What did you hear preached today?

Heard an excellent sermon from Hebrews 2:1-4 by a fellow PB'er Classical Presbyterian. May God be praised that such faithful exposition is going out in the mainline! I envy his congregation who are able to hear him each week. (Also may God be praised that I hear faithful exposition each week at my home church)

The Exodus of Glory Accomplished

Luke 9:28-36

I. The Glory of Christ
II. The Sinfulness of Man
III. The Exodus from Sin to Glory
IV. Sinners Glorified With Christ By the Holy Spirit Through Faith​

5th Commandment, on the various duties and resulting benefits of applying those duties of inferiors to superiors and visa versa. Very good! Clean, as in non complicated, and my kids enjoyed it.

From a CofScotland Reader I got a message on basically John the baptist and we were charged to be prepared for the Lord's coming by sharing the gospel. I initially having listened to her a few times thought she was maybe liberal but nope, truly a good message and I felt more inclined to worship God and experienced God better than most Sunday's with my own minister. It's not the first time I've been blessed with her messages either.

Having just read this I realize now that many people here are gonna be very disturbed about a woman preaching and holding an office but oh well...

I preached on Romans 9:1-5 under the theme "The Sorrow of Paul's Heart". It was the introduction to Romans 9-11 and shows Paul's lamentation and hope as he considers the rejection of Christ by his fellow kinsmen.

I. Emotional Turmoil
II. Spiritual Conflict
III. Biblical Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back