Sermon For This Lord's Day 12/20/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
We heard an incredible message on Hebrews 11. The resounding theme was how the saints of old are identified with us [through faith] in the New Covenant. Superb!

I preached on "In the Lion's Den" from Daniel 6.

I. Pressure of the World
A. The More Things Change
B. Classic Conflict

II. Prayer Life of Daniel
A. Tempted
B. Tried
C. Faithful

III. Preservation by the Lord
A. Daniel in Danger
B. Daniel Delivered

Questions for Lunch: (1) When should a Christian obey the government? (2) How does your prayer life affect your life? (3) What does it tell us about God to see how He brings about His will?

Tonight, it will be "Where is God?" (Job 23-24).

I. Where is God for Me?
A. Loss
B. Confidence
C. Frustration

II. Where is God in the World?
A. Sin is Everywhere
B. Men Love Evil
C. Where is Judgment?

III. How Do I Go On When God is Hidden?
A. Forget Not that God Knows Us
B. Follow God
C. Feed on God's Word

Last edited:
We stayed home today :( due to snow.

However we studied Limited Atonement and Irresistible Grace together.

Success and Failure of Faith

Luke 9:37-45

I. The Apostles’ failure
II. Christ's success
III. Our own success and failure​

John 1:35-51 - "Heaven Shall Open"

I. Heaven shall open... - by alluding to the Jacob's vision of the stairway to heaven and calling Himself that stairway, Jesus clearly tells us that He alone is the way to God; He doesn't point the way to God the way a prophet does, He is the way.

II...to those who are humble - Christ humbled Himself by coming to the most disgraced family in the poorest community in the most detested town in Israel. He humbled Himself to the greatest extent for our sake - coming as a poor, homeless man who died on a cross. Likewise, we must be humble and realize our desperate need for a Savior. As Isaiah 57:15 says, God dwells with those of a broken and contrite spirit. Only by completely trusting in Christ can we be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back