Sermonaudio Plus Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwithnell

Staff member
I'd like to post certain series of sermons to the website in addition to the listing of all sermons starting with the newest. Some excellent series (like one on the Gospel of John) get pushed way down in the "all" listing since they were preached a few years ago. Sermonaudio tends to go out and grab all related content when developing the code that I can embed on our website. I'd like to skip some (such as ones preached on dates outside the series, or ones from guest preachers that aren't part of the series). Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks.

Build a page that has something like "Favorite Series," or "Sermons by Subject," and just link to the series?

Sermonaudio tends to go out and grab all related content when developing the code that I can embed on our website. I'd like to skip some (such as ones preached on dates outside the series, or ones from guest preachers that aren't part of the series). Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks.
Do they not have something equivalent to a robot.txt function wherein exclusions can be made to the sermonaudio web page bot that scans a web page?

Do they not have something equivalent to a robot.txt function wherein exclusions can be made to the sermonaudio web page bot that scans a web page?
I thought there would be exclusions when generating the list from which the code is generated, but I don't see it. This is coded within Sermonaudio and injected into a code block on our website, so no webcrawing is involved.

Links are generally not a great way to bring info into a website. They require constant testing or you have deadends for visitors.

With Sermonaudio, the end-user gets an interface that permits downloading or launching a built-in mp3 player. We're generally very happy with them as a hosting site.

I thought there would be exclusions when generating the list from which the code is generated, but I don't see it. This is coded within Sermonaudio and injected into a code block on our website, so no webcrawing is involved.

Links are generally not a great way to bring info into a website. They require constant testing or you have deadends for visitors.

With Sermonaudio, the end-user gets an interface that permits downloading or launching a built-in mp3 player. We're generally very happy with them as a hosting site.
Are you using their JSON API?

https://api.sermonaudio.com/#Node_API_Specification_v1

Seems this can be done programmatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back