Sermons 04/17/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing a series on the family, and today I addressed the husband, from 1 Peter 3:7, which gives two instructions, based on two reasons, for a particular goal.

Continuing in the series in Psalms - The Lyrics of Knowing God
This week the Sermons were Enduring Glory from Psalm 104 (the title taken from verse 31).

The first sermon was about preparation for Communion (we're celebrating the Lord's Supper next week).

The second was about the clause "believed on in the world" from the creed in I Timothy 3:16.

We had a sermon from Philippians 3:12-16 about the Christians' advance toward the goal in the midst of imperfection. I think the main point was to highlight the activity of Christ in laying hold of Paul, of God in calling him, and then God's ongoing activity in revealing "otherwise-mindedness" to the Philippians.

A very encouraging Lord's Day at RFBC: our elder candidate preached in AM worship from Num 13-14, demonstrating that faith's focus is on God, not fearing man; and intern candidate preached in PM worship from Jn 17, showing us how the fellowship of the Trinity shapes our fellowship as the Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back