Status
Not open for further replies.

brendanchatt

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey,

Please post about the sermon(s) you heard this week at church. I'd especially like to hear from laypeople like myself, in addition to ministers.

I may make a post soon.

I heard a very fine sermon on 2 Corinthians 8:9. I wouldn't necessarily say that it told me anything I didn't know before, but it was thrilling to hear of Christ's original wealth, his voluntary assumption of poverty, and the riches he acquired for us as a result.

The senior pastor kicked off the Summer series on Hebrews 11 with an introductory sermon drawn from Hebrews 11 and 12. I understand the following sermons will focus sequentially on the folks named in Chapter 11.

I am focusing on biblical worship for the month of June. Our congregation has not had teaching of any significance on this subject for (at least) 10 years. This morning I preached from Heb 12/Isa 6 to begin developing a basic theology of biblically-acceptable, God-centered worship. For the next 3 weeks in AM worship, I and our elder candidate will preach on: family worship (me); personal worship (him); and corporate worship (me), seeking to flesh out and apply practically these basic concepts.

In our evening service, I began an overview of basic biblical counseling which I'm calling "How to Help People God's Way." It will last 2-3 more weeks. After these two summer emphases, we'll resume exposition through Mark in the AM for July and most of August (though at the end of August I plan to preach on how to share the gospel), and will begin a study of the various spiritual disciplines in PM worship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back