Sermons 06/26/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendanchatt

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello,

This morning my pastor preached on Luke 12:35ff, which he taught was about readiness, or watchfulness.

Please post about the sermon(s) you heard at church this week!

The Senior pastor preached the 4th in the summer series on Hebrews 11, this week teaching from Hebrews 11:7, and drawing from Genesis and Mt. 24:37-39. Other pastors will continue the series through the summer.

I heard a sermon on the two houses from Matthew 7. Christ is the only true foundation for a life, and so without him there is only folly. I also heard a sermon on Galatians 1:11-24, which made the point that Paul's apostolic office and gospel message were both from God.

I continued my series through our confession of faith with a sermon on some of the attributes of God from 1 Timothy 1:17.

June has been a month of pausing for 2 brief series.

In the AM sermon, I concluded our series on Biblical Worship by preaching on Corporate Worship.

In the PM sermon, I concluded our series on How to Help People God's Way (an introduction to biblical counseling and discipleship).

This coming Lord's Day, we'll resume preaching through Mark's Gospel -- that's been a really fun book to preach!

One of our elders preached on Matthew 6:5-9 (he is preaching through Matthew). The topic was how to pray correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back