Sermons for 4/5/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our pastor is preaching through the epistle of Paul to the Colossians.

The text was Colossians 4:1. He applied it not only to the workplace, but also to things like having someone come to do needed repairs on your home. Also appreciating and respecting people in all lawful callings.

In the morning one of our young people led and preached in a family service about Palm Sunday.

I was preaching at night on Ro 3.21-26 on the subject of justification. Halfway through the sermon my mobile phone started ringing. The only time I ever bring my phone to church is if I am involved in the service when I bring it just in case the car breaks down en route to church. If I do bring it I always have it on silent and would you believe it, the one time I forget is the one time it rings and its the time I am preaching.

AM: Continuing through Exodus with 22:1–17, "The Laws for Restitution."

PM: Beginning a catechetical series through the Westminster Larger Catechism with 1 Peter 2:9 and Q&A 1, "Why Do I Exist?"

Good for you, Danny! I love Reformed Ecumenicals!

It should be fun as I love the LC. One of my parishioners said after the service that he was encouraged by the fact that he could see that I "enjoyed" and "delighted" in preaching on Q&A 1 . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back