II. Why Should I Practice Solitude?
A. For Your Relationship With God
B. For Your Benefit

III. How Can I Practice Solitude?
A. Take Time
B. Avoid Distractions
C. Find Relief

Questions for Lunch:
(1)Why do you think you have never (or rarely) practiced solitude? (2) What is it about our culture that makes the practice of solitude so hard? How can we overcome that? (3) Can solitude help us in our witness?

We heard an excellent sermon on 2 Cor 5:11-21...

Unbeknownst to us at the time there was a couple in the throws of leaving Roman Catholicism who were visiting today and were very glad to hear a sermon on the love of Christ and the Atonement. :amen:

James 2 and showing partiality. Example: how could the Puritans who were so careful in other things rent out family pews, with the best going to those who paid. Also, Gandhi considering converting to Christianity, and deciding against it when he was asked to leave a White's only church.

Spiritual Disciplines: Solitude
Psalm 62:1-2,5-6; Lamentations 3:25-28

I. What is Solitude?

A. A Spiritual Discipline
B. Related to Other Disciplines
C. A Neglected Discipline

II. Why Should I Practice Solitude?
A. For Your Relationship With God
B. For Your Benefit

III. How Can I Practice Solitude?
A. Take Time
B. Avoid Distractions
C. Find Relief

Questions for Lunch:
(1)Why do you think you have never (or rarely) practiced solitude? (2) What is it about our culture that makes the practice of solitude so hard? How can we overcome that? (3) Can solitude help us in our witness?

Thanks for posting this, Fred. Just finished listening to it over on FB.

James 4:4-9 and having affinity for the world. We visited the church of a beloved friend in a small town down the road and had a refreshing (bracing, they used to say) slap across the face, preached by her father and pastor, a Reformed Baptist.

Tonight, still to come: Acts 26, Paul preaches to King Agrippa.

The Lord’s Prayer, Part III
(The Holiness Of His Name Is My Top Priority)
Luke 11:1-13

I. When we pray, our top priority should be that God would sanctify His name in the world.
II. When we pray, our top priority should be that God sanctify His name by sanctifying us.
II. When we pray, our top priority should be that God’s name be sanctified through the sanctification of others all over the world.

1 Peter 5:5-7 -- "How Can I Find a God Who Cares?"

Structured around 3 sins originating in pride mentioned in the passage: rebellion (lack of submission), selfishness (lack of humility), worry (lack of dependence on God).

The solution: submit to your elders, put others ahead of yourself, trust in God to lift you up in due time

Christ as the One who submitted to the Father, who humbled Himself to the point of death on a cross, who entrusted Himself to the Father and was highly exalted.

Contentment
Hebrews 13:4-6

I. Christians Ought to be “Content.”
A. Be Content.
B. Be Content no Matter the Circumstances.​
II. Christians Should NOT Seek the Contentment of This World.
A. Immoral Sex.
B. Greed.​
III. Christians Have Solid Reasons for Their Contentment.
A. God Will Never Desert You.
B. God Will Help You.​

Luke 15:1-7

I. Jesus Loves His People
A. Compassion He Shows Us
B. We are His Property
C. He is Our Shepherd (Sacrifice)

II. Jesus Brings His People To Himself
A. Seeks Until He Finds
B. Carries Your Burdens (Sin/Guilt) on the Cross

III. Jesus Desires Repentance From His People
A. He Doesn't want External Righteousness Only (Pharisees/Scribes)
B. He Wants Your Heart
C. Repentance (WSC)

IV. Jesus Wants His People To Rejoice With Him
A. Rejoice in Others' Salvation
B. Rejoice in Our Salvation
C. Jesus' Joy at the Cross

Heard three sermons today. The first one was on James chapter 4, the second half of the chapter on 'If the Lord Wills.' The second one by our dear beloved Ruben, (PY3AK) who was excellent in delivery and text. It was on Isaiah 7:1-17. One particular text he mentioned was Psalm 127:1 'Unless the Lord build the house.' He did a really good job and exposed some things in the specific text that I had always wondered about. It was awesome.

The coolest thing was when my sons went for examination before the Elders for participation in the Lord's Supper in the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America. We did that tonight. I learned things about my kids I didn't know. LOL. God is at work in their lives. More than I knew. Then we heard a great sermon on Joy in communion. John 15:1-15 was the main text. Pastor Tweed from Kansas is filling in for the TE at 2nd Reformed Presbyterian while he is writing a book. Reverend John Tweed is an elderly man. He has been filling in since Jan, 1st. He is doing such a great job. My kids love him.

Awesome one on Church Unity this evening. To hear a URC pastor preach to his congregation that their 'distinctives' are taken too far and preach unity among the brethren is a beautiful thing. This morning, Luke 7 - he who is forgiven much loves much, shaking us out of our complacency.

I John 3:4-10

I. We are sinners
II. Christ came to take away our sin
III. Jesus enables us to live righteously

If sin were merely:

1) psychological- it could be cured with counseling
2) mistake- it could be corrected
3) weakness- it could be cured by strength

But sin is a personal offense against a holy God. It requires:

1) atonement
2) reconciliation
3) forgiveness