Sermons for the Lord's Day (9/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredtgreco

Vanilla Westminsterian
Staff member
I preached this morning on Philippians 4:8-9, The Excellent-Minded Church (audio link)

I. Thinking Biblically
A. The Habit of Our Thoughts
B. The Objects of Our Thoughts
C. The End of Our Thoughts

II. Growing Biblically
A. Instruction
B. Pattern
C. Application

This evening it was Job 11-13, "Hope in a Sovereign God"

I. Zophar’s advice (11)
A. Less than you deserve (11:1-6)
B. God is incomprehensible (11:7-12)
C. Except where I know Him (11:13-20)

II. Job’s Response (12)
A. Your advice is not helpful (12:1-6)
B. Your knowledge is not unique (12:7-25)

III. Job’s Hope (13)
A. No easy answers (13:1-12)
B. Faith in God (13:13-28)

Last edited:
Hebrews 11:1-3
Finding Faith

I. Faith is Assurance
A. Guarantees Must be Based on Trust
B. Biblical Guarantees are Unconditional​
II. Faith is Confidence
A. Confidence Does Not Require Constant Affirmation
B. Confidence Breeds Action​
III. Faith is Understanding
A. Biblical Faith is Not “Blind Faith”
B. Biblical Faith is Not the Faith of Our Fathers​

Congratulations to WSCAL and RBTS for the work they are doing! We had the privilege of hearing MDiv student Micah Renihan preach from Ps 51 this morning. He did a great job. Even my own 8 year old son said, "He did a good job because he explained everything he was talking about." Doh! :doh: Well, out of the mouth of babes, right?

A.M. -- Forgiveness of Sins, Matthew 6:12.

1. The debt requiring forgiveness.
2. The act bestowing forgiveness.
3. The effect following forgiveness.

P.M. -- The Nurture of the Church, 2 John 4.

1. Her offspring.
2. Her rejoicing.
3. Her labouring.

Congratulations to WSCAL and RBTS for the work they are doing! We had the privilege of hearing MDiv student Micah Renihan preach from Ps 51 this morning. He did a great job. Even my own 8 year old son said, "He did a good job because he explained everything he was talking about." Doh! :doh: Well, out of the mouth of babes, right?

We do love our IRBS students. :) That was an excellent sermon you heard this morning, and we prayed for you, your church, and Micah before our own service this morning, so it is good to hear the report.

My church had another of our IRBS students preach this morning on I Thessalonians 4:13-18. It was the first sermon I've heard on the return of Christ from a Reformed perspective, and it was a great blessing to hear the focus on the right place.

We do love our IRBS students. :) That was an excellent sermon you heard this morning, and we prayed for you, your church, and Micah before our own service this morning, so it is good to hear the report.

My church had another of our IRBS students preach this morning on I Thessalonians 4:13-18. It was the first sermon I've heard on the return of Christ from a Reformed perspective, and it was a great blessing to hear the focus on the right place.

I guess Micah preached the same sermon recently at your church and it is available on Sermonaudio: SermonAudio.com - Escondido Reformed Baptist Church

We also enjoyed having Jeremy Mendenhall preach earlier this year.

1 Samuel 30: "Encouraging Ourselves in the Lord." Preached by Brian Najapfour of PRTS while our minister is on vacation.

It was wonderful. So very *encouraging* in pointing out that the Lord IS all we need!

(I wish we'd had some way of taping Mr. Najapfour today... He is an excellent preacher. And so is our own minister.)

Margaret

Phil 4:8-9 Enjoying the God of peace

I. Christian Meditation vs. 8
II. Christian Imitation vs. 9a
III. God's Consolation vs. 9b

"Pure Milk for New Born Babes" Rev. Tim Phillips, Midlane Park ARP Church
1 Peter 2:1-3

Great reminder that we are to:
1. Crave God's Word.
2. Grow up, by the Word, through God.
3. Taste the kindness of the Lord.

The Lord IS good>He WILL deliver>Take comfort in Him!

Great job Tim! Thanks!

I preached this morning on Philippians 4:8-9, The Excellent-Minded Church (audio link)

Fred thank you for posting audio link enjoyed your message. My pastor also preached from same text this evening.

God bless.

Old Testament Reading: Genesis 40
New Testament Reading: 1 Corinthians 3
Sermon: Christ the Only Foundation (1 Corinthians 3:11)

We started a new series on biblical hope, starting with "Ultimate Hope" in Ephesians 1:7-12.

I. Why we need hope
II. What hope is
III. How hope transforms our lives
A. How hope transforms us
1. Personally
2. Materially
B. How we get that hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back