Sermons May 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwithnell

Staff member
This morning I got hammered into my pew by a sermon regarding Romans 9:30 to the end of the chapter. Truly it takes a loving pastor to carefully warn a congregation that those in the pews may just as well be stumbling over Christ and His gospel. As I posted on Facebook: at church this morning I was called a lousy sinner. Hallelujah!

I have been listening to an old saintly man for the past three months. He has been better than 99 percent of those who call them selves Baptist and Evangelical. I can't explain it. He has something for everyone in his sermons. He is a Pastor. No, A Pastor of Pastors In my humble opinion. A Father in the faith.

His name is Rev. John Tweed. He has been doing Psalm 23 the last few weeks.

Our pastor preached out of Nehemiah 5:1-13. The sermon was titled Keeping Painful Promises. It was very good.

"Exalting Christ in out lives" John 3:22-30

The temptation to think of ourselves as more than mere vessels that God uses to carry out His perfect plan is great and will impede our faithfulness,therefore,fight to remain faithful through it by ministering to yourself with the Biblical facts about our calling" (taken from today's bulletin)

It was an amazing sermon!

John 4 -- Worship in spirit and in truth.

This was one of the best sermons I've heard on this passage. We are currently working are way through John, and this was the 4th sermon in chapter 4. The pastor brought out that worship in spirit (in addition to worship in the Spirit) has to do with our whole being, in other words we are to have whole-hearted worship, and we are to worship in truth, according to God's word. The main thought that stayed with me is that our whole lives should be worship.

I was blessed to hear a sermon on Isaish 40:1-11 in the morning and then in the evening we continued our study of the Belgic Confession.

AM - "Where is God?" Psalm 10

PM - Building Dedication Service w/ guest Preacher "What kind of place is this?" Ephesians 2:11-22

AM Ex.15:22-27 A Three Day's Journey into the Desert

PM Gal.1:1-2; Acts 13:44-15:2 Introduction to Galatians

The Dangers Of Neutrality

Luke 11:14-28

I. Satan must be defeated in you.
II. You must not remain neutral.
III. You must be united with Christ in the spirit.

Wow! Does this happen on The Puritan Board every Sunday, with users posting the sermons they heard in church that Sunday? Very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back