Sermons on Luke 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendanchatt

Puritan Board Freshman
Today my pastor preached on Luke 14 morning and evening. He is going through Luke.

The morning was about inviting the needy to feast so that your reward is in heaven because they can't reciprocate. He was saying that we are the needy invited to Christ's banquet and are compelled to ask "why me" with gratitude.

The evening was about the cost of following Christ. One must put Christ before anything else and he willing to give up anything for the kingdom of God. This requirement does not contradict the need to respect parents even though we should honor Christ more than family should the latter contradict the former.

Feel free to post about your sermon(s) you heard or preached also.

I heard a sermon from Philippians 1:18-26. The preacher drew an extended contrast between a Stoic attitude to death, as exemplified in Seneca's letter to Marcia ("On Consolation") and Paul's approach. Against the poverty and pointlessness of the worldly approach, Paul's view of life and death in the light of Christ demonstrated a clear antithesis.

In our AM worship, I preached from Mark 6:1-6 on the rejection of Christ. In our PM worship, my intern preached from Rom 6 on being dead to sin and alive to Christ. It was a good Lord's Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back