Sermons online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Puritan Board Doctor
Our church has a couple of churchmembers that commute to the west and the arctic for work. So we are now putting sermons on-line.

For this week we used sound cloud (@redeemer community) and my iPhone. Seems to work ok. But I Am wondering what others do.

So what are the pros & cons of what you have used. Any advice?

Soundcloud looks interesting. Does anyone else use it for sermons etc?

Yes, I've used soundcloud and it's a good free service. Also you may need to download audacity software for free to alter the sound (make it louder, quieter) for listeners :)

Yes, I've used soundcloud and it's a good free service. Also you may need to download audacity software for free to alter the sound (make it louder, quieter) for listeners :)

Thanks for the tip. So far I have been impressed with the iPhone recording quality. And I have not tried to edit the sound at all

I've been very happy with the Zoom H2 and the H2n over the years: Amazon.com: Zoom H2n Handy Recorder: Musical Instruments

The iPhone does an adequate job of recording but the capabilities for the Zoom to either plug into your sound system or even to do quality recordings in a room is much better.

I think where the file is hosted is immaterial in large measure. There is some advantage to Sermon Audio strictly from the standpoint of people finding you more readily but I've set up everything from local hosting of the audio files to other Cloud providers. It's always good to be able to link those files back to your site so there's some ability for people to find you when they're searching for Churches in your area.

I think where the file is hosted is immaterial in large measure.

Sermonaudio requires a fee, doesn't it? As far as I can tell, Soundcloud is free.

That is correct. That said, the reason why Sermon Audio is a good investment (in my estimation) is the value it provides in terms of people finding your Church. We've had a number of visitors that found us on Sermon Audio first. It's just one thing in a toolkit of things you can do to make sure your Church website is high in search rankings for your local area. Increasingly, people search on the Web for a Church and not in the Yellow Pages. We don't need Sermon Audio because most hosting plans have sufficient storage and bandwidth to permit years of sermon storage and streaming. Neither do we really need a Facebook page, Google places page, or Twitter account but all of those things contribute to our visibility.

I agree with Rich about investing in web presence. It is the most-cost effective way to get word out about your church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back