Server Migration early AM tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
At around 0400 EDT tomorrow, my host will be migrating the sites on my server. They performed a test the other day and it all looked good as far as the PB and other sites hosted.

There's probably not a lot of traffic at that hour but be prepared that a post or two might be lost if you're posting in the wee hours of the morning. I know that those of you on the opposite side of the planet will be wide awake so maybe this is more important news for you.

Well, so much for migration. I was trying to migrate to a different hosting manager to save about $15 per month (I thought it was going to be more of a savings). cPanel upped their licensing fees and I initially thought it was going to be more substantial. I had already scheduled the migration but was rethinking it even before it happened.

I could have sworn things looked OK on the test servers but as soon as things went live, we lost a ton of posts. Not sure if the database was corrupted but I spent a couple of hours trying to see if re-indexing the threads was the issue. I ended up giving up and just telling them to put the IP back on the original server so that only posts from 4 am to about 12:30 pm were lost.

Better that sitatuoin than losing about 1M posts over several years. Thsi board is a wealth of good Reformed information and it would have been too much to lose.

I'm sticking with cPanel.

It would be a shame to lose the archive of materials that is for sure.

Better that sitatuoin than losing about 1M posts over several years. Thsi board is a wealth of good Reformed information and it would have been too much to lose.

Well, so much for migration. I was trying to migrate to a different hosting manager to save about $15 per month (I thought it was going to be more of a savings). cPanel upped their licensing fees and I initially thought it was going to be more substantial. I had already scheduled the migration but was rethinking it even before it happened.

I could have sworn things looked OK on the test servers but as soon as things went live, we lost a ton of posts. Not sure if the database was corrupted but I spent a couple of hours trying to see if re-indexing the threads was the issue. I ended up giving up and just telling them to put the IP back on the original server so that only posts from 4 am to about 12:30 pm were lost.

Whew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back