Several General Forums Taken Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Just wondering for clarification purposes about where certain topics like, for example, abortion fit in on the discussion board. Would that fall under news, politics, theology, general discussions or ??? Any further guidance on the groundrules for such discussion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you want to talk about abortion in general, you could put it in the Law of God category since it is murder. If there's a specific political issue tied to it (i.e. a politician or party) to debate, then it should probably go in the political forum. Just read the political forum rules. They tell you how to post there and what's permitted. If you think it is necessary to notify the general public (i.e. a bill pending in Congress) then post it in the general forum and send a U2U to one of the Admins or Moderators of that forum so they can determine if it stays or goes to the political forum.

[Edited on 23-12-2004 by puritansailor]

Originally posted by maxdetail
There's plenty of hard core, bitter and heated discourse left to do. It's not like Baptism is off limits. Golly!

If a Presbyterian dog and a Baptist dog were fighting and you threw a large bucket of water on them, would that be considered an unfair endorsement of the Baptist dog's argument?

See, there's plenty to fight over, but please - NO BITING! :)

Well, it's not like sprinkling water on them would work! (just kiddin guys...I just know how baptists think...LOL!)

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
I'd like to be added to all three as well, please.

And it is still completely beyond me why anyone is upset in any sense - the forums are not gone, which means those who would like to discuss politics here may still do so just as much as before. The only change is that they will now be removed from public view.

I think its good that the public not be able to see these as well...I know certain topics (if one should jump in in the middle) would look like something they aren't. Just my humble opinion

Everyone,

One last time. The "hidden forums" are not forbidden. They are simply hidden from view by the XMB access function. This was actually the case with several forums before we went to phpbb. Post political stuff where it belongs. Carry on discussions. We just don't want it visible (for various reasons described) to the non-members of the board and lurkers who don't want it. If you want in, just let an Admin know or post here. That is not very hard. If you are not sure about a news item, simply put "For Admin Approval: (the real title)" in the subject line. If it is to go to the hidden news section, an Admin will move it.

Fred, Please add me to the politics and news forums as well. I do not have alot to say in them, but I like to read them to stay up to date with what's going on from a biblical perspective.

Originally posted by ANT
Fred, Please add me to the politics and news forums as well. I do not have alot to say in them, but I like to read them to stay up to date with what's going on from a biblical perspective.

:ditto:

Originally posted by Puritanhead
:eek: Me no find politics... Me not function right without politics forum. Can I get on? Please.
:judge:

You have been in. It should be functioning.

Please use proper language. It is annoying.

Fred, is the proper language annoying or is the lack of proper language annoying?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by LawrenceU
Fred, is the proper language annoying or is the lack of proper language annoying?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.:bigsmile:

Can't you tell that he enjoys being annoyed?

Just kidding Fred. I think he was trying to dramatically exhibit withdraw. And I know you understood that. I just had to say it. I could not resist. Need to post or I will start having withdraw.

Originally posted by Redeemed
It appears the Preaching Forum was removed as well.

No it wasn't. It is a subforum under Worship. You can still see all the posts and get to the Preaching forum from the front page.

Originally posted by fredtgreco

No it wasn't. It is a subforum under Worship. You can still see all the posts and get to the Preaching forum from the front page.

Two problems here.

1) Preaching is "not found"

2) Maybe it is just my setup (both from work with Netscape on Win XP and home Safari on Mac OSX 10.3.x) the icons for read and unread are always coming up unread. So I have to go by the last posting date and time. This does not show up for the sub-forum. Even it that is fixed the sub-forums don't have an read/unread indicator.

The Preaching forum is fixed now.

I don't know about the read/unread matter. I never use that, so I have not noticed. It might be you, or it might be a result of the database migration.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Originally posted by fredtgreco

Thanks. Found it.

Originally posted by sastark
I'd like to be added to the Politics, News and pub forums, please.

Originally posted by Jeff_Bartel
Admins,

Can I be added as well?

Thanks!

Originally posted by RAS
Please add me also. Thanks.

Originally posted by Reed
Request to be added to the politics, news and pub forums.

Thank you.

All done.
g9bok.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back