Share a favorite message/sermon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andres

Puritan Board Doctor
It's been awhile since we've had one of these threads and I was looking this morning for some new sermons to download, so I thought I'd start one up.
Please share a recent sermon/message you've heard that has really been a blessing. I know Josh has started a thread with some suggestions and Ben has also. Thanks guys. Anybody else? It can be a series or just one sermon. Please link to it below.
I guess it's only fair that I get the ball rolling so here you go - Cultivating Private Prayer as a Pastor by Joel Beeke from 2011 Desiring God Pastor's Conference. This message convicted me something terribly.

This isn't a sermon, per se, but it's powerful and encouraging. You may recall a thread from earlier this year where I requested prayer for the very prematurely-born son of one of our pastors. After many months of precarious health, that boy (and another who was in the same situation) were baptized into Christ this past Sunday.

This is a recording of that pastor telling the story of God's grace toward his son and the other boy before he baptized them.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/GraceCentralSermons/GCSA20110927-baptism.mp3

Last edited:
At Southfield RPC, we've lately had the pleasure of hearing Rev. Ray Lanning preach several times. Here's one of his sermons that I particularly liked, although truth be told, I like all of Rev. Lanning's sermons: The One Thing to Do - SermonAudio.com.

We also heard Rev. Geoff Thomas preach at the PRTS conference in Grand Rapids last month. Here's one of his messages from that conference - on the Holy Spirit - that was very edifying: The Father's Gift of the Holy Spirit (Lk. 11:9-13) - SermonAudio.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back