Sheep in wolves clothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGP

Puritan Board Freshman
A few months ago when considering all the print the apostles gave to false teachers and prophets; etc in the epistles; I began to wonder how many false teachers, etc. over the years have been converted by those warnings and verses.

Are there any prominent, if I might use that word, conversion stories of this nature that you are aware of? By prominent, I'm saying prolific and public figures who are blatant false teachers at the time of their conversion. Do you know of any stories like these outside the Bible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we will find many conversions from "prolific and public figures who are blatant false teachers" because they won't have a conversion. If you're thinking about the same guys I am - Word Faith cult TV preacher scammers (Crouch, Hinn, Jakes, Dollar, Meyer, etc) - they are false teachers who are intentionally teaching false for money. They know they are liars. They are wolves. They aren't searching at all. So very unlikely that God will save any of these.

One thinks of Alexander Henderson, whose ordination was only achieved by the party climbing through the window. He later secretly heard Robert Bruce, who had taken for his text, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber" (John 10:1). The secret hearer went away ashamed and subsequently sought out the True Door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back