Shirt over pants, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuck your shirt in, then buy yourself a nice pair of braces and a hat. You're set for life.

Rather than a hat why not a knotted hankie?
I don't think they know how to knot a hankie in the States

Say what?!
mr-gumby.jpg

and what an ossum fashion statement. Go out in one of those, and who's going to notice the state of your shirt tails?

Either way - as long as " Your pants aren't on the ground and your hat isn't on sideways".:sing:

"I don't think they know how to knot a hankie in the States"

No, no, no... in the States we wear bow ties. And to the gentleman who started this thread, you may consider this website: The Art of Manliness.

Though I will not vouch for all the content on the website, it is generally quite good and always interesting to read.

Ha! I'm guess I'm more American than I thought. By hankie, I was thinking he would wear it around his neck, as a scarf.
yes, you really let the cat out of the bag that time :)
Can't you just picture it though- a chilly beach somewhere in the British isles, all the paterfamiliases with rolled up trouser-legs and knotted hankies.....and a lone American trying to pass for a native by sporting a bow tie on his head :)

Depends on the shirt.

A collared dress type shirt should always be tucked in in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

I forget his name but I rather think he's British....QED

Michael Palin of Monty Python's flying circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back