Should We Work Seven Days a Week?: A Question for Non-Sabbath People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good observation. Ezekiel 46:1 says,

Thus says the Lord Jehovah: "The gate of the inner court that faces east shall be shut on the six working days, but on the Sabbath day it shall be opened and on the day of new moon it shall be opened."

Does anyone think that working six days means actually working at the job we get paid at for six days? I think we should be diligent to remain profitable with our time for six days. This may include what we do for a living or any other activity that redeems the time.

Daniel: Good point about 6 working days. Yikes, should we all volunteer for overtime then?

Of course, in an agrarian society, a 6 day working week is the norm, right?

And this speaks of ALL of our work, not just the work we do for another boss, but our house work as well, right?

Does anyone think that working six days means actually working at the job we get paid at for six days? I think we should be diligent to remain profitable with our time for six days. This may include what we do for a living or any other activity that redeems the time.

I agree; we should spend six days in productive labour, but not necessarily paid employment. This could mean that if we are in a job which is only for 5 days a week, we should spent the 6th day in some sort of work - even if it is only working around the home.

Daniel: Good point about 6 working days. Yikes, should we all volunteer for overtime then?

Of course, in an agrarian society, a 6 day working week is the norm, right?

And this speaks of ALL of our work, not just the work we do for another boss, but our house work as well, right?

I agree that it speaks of all of our work and not just paid employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back