Silliest "Christian" Book you will admit to reading.

Silliest "Christian" Book You Have Read.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intercessory Prayer-Dutch Sheets

Oh Lord deliver me from my problems, but let me keep my pigs.- Gene Scott

An official AoG pamphlet- "Our Distinctive Doctrine"

Primary Purpose- Ted Haggard

Cyndi Jacobs- Possesing the Gates of the Enemy

You may ask why I read these...when I was a child I read like a child.......
if the cover looked cool, I tried it.

On a similar note but different, there is a book that at the time that i bought it, I thought that it was very silly, to the point of almost throwing it out. I read it, and because of reading other books related to it also, I now feel it is one of the best books written on the subject. Drum roll.....that book is David Chilton's commentary on Revelation, "The Days of Vengeance".

Well...of course I read Lindsey (and Lindsay), and most of Jeffrey's and I have all of Hunt's.
Seduction got banned over the pulpit in my former 'church' and, having read it several times during the months prior to it's banning, it was instrumental in getting me out of there (a 2nd wave charismatic, authoritarian, independent group).

BTW, while I was there (in the earlier years), I read and bought Schuller to give away to friends and family. :(
(there is no embarrassed emoticon)

Angels on Assignment, by Charles Hunter and Roland Buck.

I read it when I was a charismatic teen and thought it was awesome. Not anymore...

I feel like I am back in the 'confessional box' here...

Joyce Myers: Battlefield for the Mind! :banghead:

Yonghi Cho
Kenneth Copeland
Kenneth Hagin
Benny Hinn
Roberts Liarsdon (very scary)

ok... I think I will stop... Fortunately I discovered James Montgomery Boice :)

The weird thing about Hal Lindsey, is that I read his stuff before I think I was a believer -- hey I lived in Georgia and went to church so everything had to be OK, right?

Would have to be whichever book it was in the "Left Behind" series, where the plague where people break out of boils is in its earliest beginning stages, and Fortunato complains to Carpathia that he has a sore on his "left behind."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back