Sin For Not Homeschooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kevin's point was that it was a misapplication of that verse to justify sending your kids to public school. One thought in relation to that text was that text was directed to believers and presumably, for most children, they are not believers. Hence, the verse doesn't apply.

So you don't believe in "predestined before the foundation of the world" and "covenant children"? None of us know who is really in the faith. Jesus taught us that by giving us the parable of ppl dying and being surprised to find out they were in the goat section going to hell and others surprised they were in the sheep section going to heaven. So not only can we not be 100% that the adults around us are going to heaven or hell.....we also can't know that about the children. But they are covenant children and we treat them as such. How is it that I'm misapplying that verse? I believe it's very clear.....Christ doesn't want us hiding from the world he just doesn't want us to become apart of it and that applies to children as well.....if it didn't he would have said so. God can keep a child who is his child safe from the evil one while in the world just as well as he can adults........he's a pretty great God. Besides that I know of very reformed families who sent their children to public schools and some of them are walking with Christ and some are not. I also know of very reformed families who home schooled and it's the same with their children....some are walking with Christ and some are not. Jesus knew what he was talking about when he asked his Father to keep them from the evil one.....Satan....he's our enemy not the ppl of the world. The ppl of the world are our field in which we sow the seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back