Sinclair Ferguson Reflects

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
On Twitter, someone noted that Sinclair Ferguson was once asked (original source not given) if he would do anything different if he could go back to the early years of his ministry as a young man. His reply: "I would spend more time in my Bible, more time with children, and more time with old people."

I thought that was an interesting answer.

On Twitter, someone noted that Sinclair Ferguson was once asked (original source not given) if he would do anything different if he could go back to the early years of his ministry as a young man. His reply: "I would spend more time in my Bible, more time with children, and more time with old people."

I thought that was an interesting answer.
...by spending less time on what exactly?

Early in his ministry would have been the 70s I would have imagined. Should’ve been easy for anyone but Gore back then to stay off:
Was a joke.

For the life of me, can't seem to recall what we wasted time on before it though.... And I am (barely) old enough to remember. :um:

Was a joke.

For the life of me, can't seem to recall what we wasted time on before it though.... And I am (barely) old enough to remember. :um:
Before the internet was very accessible or cheap I’d go to libraries and bookstore for hours. On a day off I’d start at a library as they opened earlier and finish at a Barnes and Noble as they would be open until 11 or so.

Last edited:
TV was big. I quit watching in 1975 and used the time to learn piano and organ. Then I’d go fishing, which of course is never time wasted.
Yeah... except for TV, which I recall dimly, the rest of the time you and Zack spent wasn't exactly "wasted." Sounds fun, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back