Sister Christian -- Night Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. When I clicked on the link it said page not found so I searched for the song and then got the same URL
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2738

I've always loved the tune. Honestly, I hardly ever pay attention to lyrics. I thought the refrain was "Motor head!.... Dah dah dah dah dah... you're finding Mister Right...dah dah dah dah tonight...."

I remember in College one time I was singing the tune "Lay Down Sally, Let me hold me in your arms...." but instead I was singing "Way Down South, let me hold you in my arms..."

My roommates used to make fun of that endlessly. I don't know why but I just never listen closely enough to the lyrics. Unless I'm reading it and singing it I just don't pay attention.

remember in College one time I was singing the tune "Lay Down Sally, Let me hold me in your arms...." but instead I was singing "Way Down South, let me hold you in my arms..."

That reminds me of my dad telling me that the first time he heard "Purple Haze" by Hendrix he thought the line "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" was "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" :lol:

One time when I was young and staying with my cousin we listened to the radio all night. We were awakened one morning by my screaming aunt because of a song she heard when she came in the room. The song was "Push it" which may be bad enough, but she was all worked up because she thought it said Bull ****

:lol:

Originally posted by SemperFideles

Andrew,

You are a pop-culture scholar!

:lol: Not really -- my dad is, though. He teaches about pop culture at college in New York state. I'm more of a "student" of pop culture with a Kuyperian interest in redeeming culture for Christ.

I think "Sister Christian" is kinda catchy, but have mixed feelings about the lyrics.

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot

Andrew,

:lol: Not really -- my dad is, though. He teaches about pop culture at college in New York state. I'm more of a "student" of pop culture with a Kuyperian interest in redeeming culture for Christ.

I think "Sister Christian" is kinda catchy, but have mixed feelings about the lyrics.
Where does your father teach? I received my undergrad from RPI in Troy, NY.

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot

Andrew,

Where does your father teach? I received my undergrad from RPI in Troy, NY.

He is a professor of anthropology at Alfred University. He writes a lot on pop culture. I posted one of his articles previously here.

[Edited on 6-8-2006 by VirginiaHuguenot]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back