Smoked Ribs on a Gas Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua

AdMEANistrator
Staff member
So I may not have charcoal grill on my current abode's balcony, and I have really been missin' being able to cook smoked meats (brisket, pork butt, etc.). But I got this new thingamajig that holds wood pellets in a cylindrical apparatus, and can act as a smoke box. Yesterday, I smoked some ribs on the grill for a couple of hours, and finished them under the broiler in the oven. They turned out purdy good, although nothing matches lump charcoal and hickory chunks on a proper smoker.

1624150256956.png

I’m going to have drop in on you someday. Most of my cooking these days involves a cast iron skillet or a big pot.

We cook most of our meats in the oven. It’s easy to control the environment.

So I may not have charcoal grill on my current abode's balcony, and I have really been missin' being able to cook smoked meats (brisket, pork butt, etc.). But I got this new thingamajig that holds wood pellets in a cylindrical apparatus, and can act as a smoke box. Yesterday, I smoked some ribs on the grill for a couple of hours, and finished them under the broiler in the oven. They turned out purdy good, although nothing matches lump charcoal and hickory chunks on a proper smoker.

View attachment 8145
Looks good. Except that aluminum foil. Cooking with aluminum has a tendency to make your food taste like metal and has been linked to Alzheimer's.

You might try butcher paper. It has the same tenderizing effect without the pesky memory loss.

Beautiful. I just got into smoking myself (charcoal) and was pleasantly surprised at my first crack at ribs - they were incredible (and I am a mediocre novice of a cook). There is just something really special about smoking meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back