So Proud of my Wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
My wife is 12 years younger than I am, and is working on her Counseling degree, the church she grew up in was Arminian and slightly Charismatic. Well, our move to the PCA has been part of a long strange trip, (spiritually speaking of course :p) anyway, she went to a big RUF thing down in Florida. She has been to different classes/sessions. Well, I talked to her a few nights ago and she had been to a 2 night session focusing on TULIP: She told me "It is suddenly all starting to make sense!" :):):) Of course it does! I am proud of her!:cool:

Dang, son! You married one of them sweet young thangs :lol: That's awesome about what she's been learning, though. :D

I think that TULIP results from a simple basking in the light of the sovereign God. It amazes me when people say that Calvinism is too elitist and academic, it really is not and it becomes obvious and easy when you are willing to accept God's sovereignty.

Of course accepting God's sovereignty is not an easy thing for sinful man to do, most of us find it a difficult transition.

It is lovely when people see the "sense" of Calvinism, some people even think that holding to TULIP is a constant battle, lots of things in life are a battle but but holding to the five points is not one of them. Living according to those points is much more difficult.

I think that TULIP results from a simple basking in the light of the sovereign God. It amazes me when people say that Calvinism is too elitist and academic, it really is not and it becomes obvious and easy when you are willing to accept God's sovereignty.

Of course accepting God's sovereignty is not an easy thing for sinful man to do, most of us find it a difficult transition.

It is lovely when people see the "sense" of Calvinism, some people even think that holding to TULIP is a constant battle, lots of things in life are a battle but but holding to the five points is not one of them. Living according to those points is much more difficult.
There is indeed a "beauty" when one embraces God's Sovereinty!

Last edited:
What's up with the surprisingly staid avatar?
A famous location in East Texas! Worlds richest acre! That, my friend is ground zero for the largest oil discovery in the South and indeed even one of the biggest in the lower 48 (pre-Alaska)!:)

Maybe one day you could turn it into a "Texas-is-better-than-Alaska" theme park!

As long as you don't use your new avatar as the foundation for your theme park.

My wife is 12 years younger than I am, and is working on her Counseling degree, the church she grew up in was Arminian and slightly Charismatic. Well, our move to the PCA has been part of a long strange trip, (spiritually speaking of course :p) anyway, she went to a big RUF thing down in Florida. She has been to different classes/sessions. Well, I talked to her a few nights ago and she had been to a 2 night session focusing on TULIP: She told me "It is suddenly all starting to make sense!" :):):) Of course it does! I am proud of her!:cool:

:banana::applause: - what wonderful news! Congratulations to both of you!!!!

Margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back