Puritan Board Freshman
I just found these commentary sets

Layman Commentary Set

Keil & Delitzsch Commentary

The prices start making my mind want these two sets but I

1. Don't have the space

2. Don't have the money, college

3. Don't have the need

These three things keep these sets away but the second set I might have to reconsider, I believe my pastor uses it.

Almost forgot to add this to see what you guys/girls thought of, is this a good deal for Calvin's Commentaries?

It won't let me add this link for some reason but here it is. I already own the Institutes
http://www.christianbook.com/calvin...ode=WW&netp_id=571455&event=EBRN&view=details

Keep an eye out in Half Price Books, you can find the Calvin's commentaries for pretty cheap. Sometimes if they have a set that missing a few, you can get a really good deal on it.

Never heard of Layman's. K&D always seems to hang around that price. I've had it for probably 8 or 9 years and haven't used it very much.... That price for Calvin's seems a little high... I seem to remember it always being around $119. Maybe now that they're pairing it with the institutes it's more expensive. Save your money. They're probably on google books for free. Don't feel like you need to buy "right now" to get these prices. They've been on sale for 87% off (or whatever CBD wants you to think it is) for 10 years or more now. Buy your commentaries one at a time as you need them for the book you're studying. That way you can get the best one there is and you don't waste a ton of money or shelf space on ones you'll probably never even read. :2cents:

I'm pretty sure you can get K&D free online through a program such as e-sword. It has Calvin's commentaries, too. A lot of these old CBD reprints are available for free in some format, so unless you really need hardcover, look around.

Wynter, unless you know Hebrew, K&D will not be terribly useful. Calvin will be much more valuable. However, if you want an affordable set to simply have as needed, get Matthew Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back