So Vikings management really is *that* desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vikings are clearly not preparing for the long term. That being said you have to stay afloat in the present and Favre should enable the Vikes to do just that.

Go Titans!

I really feel sorry for Bret Favre. I live within spittin' distance of Kiln and a lot of his relatives live in Mobile. I know a few of them, some rather well. It is said to see a fellow who has had an incredible career play beyond his healthy limit. I am afraid that it says a bit about where he finds his personal worth. I like the way he plays the game. But, as I just told a friend of mine who is a rabid Vikes fan, 'Not every good quarterback is a Staubach when it comes to longevity; and he played longer than he should.'

I think the question is simply, are they a better team with him than without him. I think the answer is that they are indeed a better team.

Wow indeed. The only greater act of desperation could have been if they had signed Michael Vick...

I wouldn't call it desperation. The Vikings pursued what they believe will make them better, as all teams do. And there's no reason to think Favre will NOT make the Vikings better.

Same with Vick.

For what it's worth, I would rather my team have pursued Vick than Favre.

Wow indeed. The only greater act of desperation could have been if they had signed Michael Vick...

I wouldn't call it desperation. The Vikings pursued what they believe will make them better, as all teams do. And there's no reason to think Favre will NOT make the Vikings better.

Same with Vick.

For what it's worth, I would rather my team have pursued Vick than Favre.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "better".

If there are fleeting moments of good play, but continual letdowns because the guy's just too old and too past it, I don't think you'd argue that's "better" even if their record is a game or two better. I honestly also think he isn't necessarily going to 'save' them... unless a miracle happens and he does better than last year's QB rating of 81 (21st of 32), with 22 td's and 22 picks, I simply can't imagine him bringing a net positive to the team. Nobody in the league was intercepted more often than Favre; and now he's a year older coming back from a season in which he was decidedly poorer the second half.

I don't know... I'm not sure why putting off yet another year of developing their QB's makes sense. (but again, I've got a different dog in this race... I wouldn't mind seeing the Vikings go down badly, so maybe I'm just biased.)

My respect for professional sports is dying. I still have the Cardinals.

Mine died when my mother decided that we children could only watch Little House on the Prairie, Grizzly Adams, and Wildlife Kingdom and my dad would always turn his game on during some of those shows!! I have longstanding dislike towards football! :)

Soccer, my friends, turn to soccer.

Any how, Im thinking about getting into Professional what yall call "Football". Though, you barely use your feet in the game. How does one go about choosing a team. I understand how the game is played, but how does one pick a team? SHould I just go for my home team? The Giants? Maybe this should be a thread. :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back